Sandra Mackey is an award winning writer on Middle Eastern culture and politics.
She holds an M.A. in International Affairs from the University of Virginia and has taught political science at Georgia State University. She has served as a visiting scholar in the Woodrow Wilson Department of Government and Foreign Affairs at the University of Virginia.
In addition to appearing on NPR, Nightline, BBC, and ABC News with Peter Jennings, Mackey also served as a commentator on the first Gulf War for CNN. Mackey's book Lebanon: Death of a Nation was named to the New York Times list of Notable Books of 1989.
Books written by Sandra Mackey include:
- The Saudis: Inside the Desert Kingdom, W. W. Norton and Co., New York, 1987 ISBN 0-395-41165-3.
- Updated edition issued in 2002, ISBN 0-393-32417-6 pbk
- Lebanon: Death of a Nation, W. W. Norton and Co., New York, 1989 ISBN 0-393-32843-0.
- Passion and Politics: The Turbulent World of the Arabs, Penguin Group, New York, 1992 ISBN 0-525-93499-5
- The Iranians: Persia, Islam and the Soul of a Nation, Penguin Group, New York, 1996 ISBN 0-452-27563-6
- The Reckoning: Iraq and the Legacy of Saddam Hussein, W. W. Norton, New York, 2003, ISBN 0-393-32428-1
- Lebanon : a House Divided, W. W. Norton, New York, 2006, ISBN 0-393-32843-0
- Mirror of the Arab World: Lebanon in Conflict, W. W. Norton, New York, 2008, ISBN 978-0-393-06218-2
- Lecture at University of California Santa Barbara introduction
- Booknotes interview with Mackey on The Reckoning: Iraq and the Legacy of Saddam Hussein, July 7, 2002.
|This biography of a political scientist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|