Sandrine Bailly in Antholz (2006)
|Competitor for France|
|Silver||2010 Vancouver||4×6 km relay|
|Bronze||2006 Turin||4×6 km relay|
|Gold||2003 Khanty-Mansiysk||10 km pursuit|
|Silver||2007 Antholz-Anterselva||4×6 km relay|
|Silver||2007 Antholz-Anterselva||Mixed relay|
|Bronze||2009 Pyeongchang||4×6 km relay|
|Bronze||2008 Östersund||4×6 km relay|
|Bronze||2006 Pokljuka||Mixed relay|
|Bronze||2004 Oberhof||12.5 km mass start|
|Bronze||2003 Khanty-Mansiysk||12.5 km mass start|
Sandrine Bailly (born November 25, 1979, in Belley, Ain) is a former French biathlete. She was most successful in the 2004–05 season, when she could win the overall World Cup, and in the 2007–08 season, when she finished second. In 2003, she became world champion in the 10 km pursuit (together with Martina Glagow).
As of 17 March 2008, Bailly has achieved 20 victories in the Biathlon World Cup, as well as numerous wins on the youth and junior levels. In the 2004–05 season she was the most successful female athlete in the overall World Cup (most points in all events) after placing third in the previous year. She also won the World Cup ranking in the 10 km pursuit discipline. In the 2007–08 season, she finished second in the overall standings and, again, first in the pursuit discipline.
Bailly has won seven medals at the Biathlon World Championships (three in individual events and four in relays). She is well-remembered for winning the pursuit gold medal during the 2003 World Championships in Khanty-Mansiysk, sharing it with German biathlete Martina Glagow as both had exactly the same time on the finish line, a first in biathlon history.
For several years Bailly has also closed out most relays for the French national team. Her greatest success in that discipline was the silver medal in the 4×6 km relay at the 2010 Winter Olympics in Vancouver, Canada.
- Winter Olympics
- 2006: Bronze (Relay)
- 2010: Silver (Relay)
- Biathlon World Championships
- 2003: Gold (Pursuit), Bronze (Mass start)
- 2004: Bronze (Mass start)
- 2006: Bronze (Mixed relay)
- 2007: 2x Silver (Mixed Relay, Relay)
- 2008: Bronze (Relay)
- 2009: Bronze (Relay)
- Biathlon World Cup
- 2003/2004: 3rd place (Overall)
- 2004/2005: Winner (Overall), Winner (Pursuit)
- 2007/2008: Winner (Pursuit), 2nd place (Overall)
- 20 victories in the World Cup
- Two wins at the Holmenkollen ski festival biathlon competition: 2003 sprint and 2004 pursuit
- "IBU Profile of Sandrine Bailly". International Biathlon Union. Retrieved 2008-02-15.
- Personal website (French)
Liv Grete Poirée (NOR)
|Women's Biathlon World Cup
Kati Wilhelm (GER)