|• Total||22.13 km2 (8.54 sq mi)|
|Elevation||564 m (1,850 ft)|
|• Density||1,247.81/km2 (3,231.8/sq mi)|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
Sanduru is located at  It has an average elevation of 565 metres (1853 feet)..
Sandur and its surrounding villages like Ramgad,Swamihalli,Donimalai are places of natural beauty with lush green mountains,valleys,deep gorges.
- SMIORE - The Sandur Manganese and Iron Ore company.
- Donimalai Mine, an iron mine owned by the National Mineral Development Corporation,
- Subbarayanahalli Mine, an iron ore in Nandi Halli owned by Mysore Minerals Limited,
- Dharmapur Iron Ore Mines in Ramgad village,
- Jaisingpur Iron Ore Mine in Yeshwanthanagar.
- JSW Steels at Toranagallu.
- VSL Iron Ore Mines in Bhujanganagar village.
- Jafir Sharif Iron Ore Mines in Bhujanganagar village.
Sandur has a tropical savannah climate which lies on the border of semi-arid type of bellary and hospet,the climate in sandur is cooler than surroundings due to its elevation and has recorded a maximum temparature of 42 degrees and a minimum of 6 degrees. Sandur receives 750mm of elevation but has seen more than 1000mm of rainfall.
- Falling Rain Genomics, Inc - Sandur
- "Census of India 2001: Data from the 2001 Census, including cities, villages and towns (Provisional)". Census Commission of India. Archived from the original on 2004-06-16. Retrieved 2008-11-01.
- Brief history of Sandur and a genealogy of its ruling chiefs
- Genealogy of the Ghorpade dynasty of Sandur
|This article related to a location in Bellary district, Karnataka, India is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|