Sandusky Township, Sandusky County, Ohio
|Sandusky Township, Sandusky County, Ohio|
Along the Sandusky River, which flows through Sandusky Township
Location of Sandusky Township, Sandusky County, Ohio.
|• Total||23.0 sq mi (59.4 km2)|
|• Land||22.4 sq mi (58.1 km2)|
|• Water||0.5 sq mi (1.3 km2)|
|Elevation||614 ft (187 m)|
|• Density||182.1/sq mi (70.3/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||1086916|
Located in the center of the county, it borders the following townships:
- Rice Township - north
- Riley Township - east
- Green Creek Township - southeast corner
- Ballville Township - south
- Jackson Township - southwest corner
- Washington Township - west
It is the only township in Sandusky County without a border on another county.
The Sandusky River flows through Sandusky Township before emptying into Sandusky Bay.
Name and history
The township is governed by a three-member board of trustees, who are elected in November of odd-numbered years to a four-year term beginning on the following January 1. Two are elected in the year after the presidential election and one is elected in the year before it. There is also an elected township fiscal officer, who serves a four-year term beginning on April 1 of the year after the election, which is held in November of the year before the presidential election. Vacancies in the fiscal officership or on the board of trustees are filled by the remaining trustees.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- Sandusky County, Ohio — Population by Places Estimates Ohio State University, 2007. Accessed 13 May 2007.
- §503.24, §505.01, and §507.01 of the Ohio Revised Code. Accessed 4/30/2009.