September 22, 1960 |
Camden, NSW, Australia
Sandy Fussell (born 1960) is an award-winning Australian author for children. In 2009 her second novel Polar Boy was selected as the National Reading Day book for primary school students.
Growing up in a house with few books, Sandy discovered reading and the library when she started school. She studied hard because books were given as academic prizes.
Sandy began writing in 2002 when one of her children stopped reading. A mother-son writing project ended with Sandy being told to "go write your own book". She did and has been doing so ever since.
Sandy works as a computer programmer and is passionate about is using technology to encourage reading and writing in children. Her Samurai Kids website has been archived by the National Library of Australia Pandora Project, which provides long-term access to Australian on-line publications of national significance.
|This section lacks ISBNs for the books listed in it. (November 2013)|
Samurai Kids series
- White Crane (2008)
- Owl Ninja (2008)
- Shaolin Tiger (2009)
- Monkey Fist (2009)
- Fire Lizard (2010)
- Golden Bat (2011)
- Red Cox
- Black Tengu
- Ratbags (2008)
- Polar Boy (2008)
- Jaguar Warrior (2010)
- 2009 Short Listed CBCA Children's Book of the Year, Polar Boy'
- 2009 Honour Book CBCA Junior Judges Project, Polar Boy
- 2009 Short Listed Sakura Medal Chapter Book (Japan), Samurai Kids Book 1 - White Crane
- 2009 Panda Book Award Middle Readers (China), Polar Boy
- 2010 CBCA Notable, Samurai Kids Book 3 - Shaolin Tiger
- 2010 Shortlist Speech Pathology Book of the Year, Samurai Kids Book 3 - Shaolin Tiger
- 2008 Illawarra Mercury, The Weekender, Feature Article, 12 April 2008
- 2009 CBCA Publications Short List Information
- 2010 CBCA Publications Notable Australian Children's Books
- Sandy Fussell Official website
- Samurai Kids Series Official website
- Publishers website (Walker Books Australia)
- CBCA Awards website
- Publishers website Candlewick Press
- National Library of Australia Pandora Project