Sandy Point State Park
|Sandy Point State Park|
|Maryland State Park|
Sandy Point from the Bay Bridge
|Elevation||13 ft (4 m) |
|Area||786 acres (318 ha) |
|Management||Maryland Department of Natural Resources|
|Website: Sandy Point State Park|
Sandy Point State Park is a Maryland state park located at Sandy Point, at the western end of the Chesapeake Bay Bridge in Anne Arundel County. The park is at the site of a former ferry landing that served the Chesapeake Bay Ferry System on its run across the bay to what is now Matapeake State Park on Kent Island.
Activities and amenities
The park offers a marina store and boat rentals, swimming beaches, fishing, crabbing, hiking, wildlife viewing, nature center, and picnicking. The park is adjacent to the Corcoran Tract, a forest preserve with 4 miles (6.4 km) of hiking trails. The historic Sandy Point Farmhouse, located at the park and listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1972, is undergoing restoration and is not open to the public.
- U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: Sandy Point State Park
- "FY2013 DNR Owned Lands Acreage Report". Maryland DNR. Retrieved December 16, 2013.
- "Sandy Point State Park". Maryland DNR. Retrieved November 20, 2013.
- Cooper, Rachel. "Maryland Polar Bear Plunge ... at Sandy Point State Park". About.com. Retrieved November 20, 2013.
- Sandy Point State Park Maryland Department of Natural Resources
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Sandy Point State Park.|