Sandy Warner (born Sandra Warner, 14 March 1935 in New York) was the face of Exotica. As "The Exotica Girl", she appeared on the first 12 Martin Denny album covers, and 16 in total, beginning with Exotica in 1957, which reached no.1 in the Billboard charts.
Martin Denny recalls, "She was a stunning model, extremely photogenic. She posed for at least the first dozen albums I did. They always changed her looks to fit the mood of the package."
She later went on to release an album of her own: Steve Allen Presents Fair and Warner, for which Martin Denny wrote the sleeve notes.
TV and movie career
Warner appeared in a number of films, often with her twin sister Sonia, including: The Human Jungle, Some Like It Hot, Nicholas Ray's Party Girl, and John Boorman's Point Blank. She also appeared in television series such as The Fugitive, two episodes of The Twilight Zone ("A Nice Place to Visit" and "The Dummy"), and one episode of Perry Mason ("The Case of the Bountiful Beauty" (1964)), playing the role of murder victim Stephanie Carew.
- allmusic ((( Martin Denny > Charts & Awards > Billboard Albums )))
- Incredibly strange music, pg 144. 1993 Re/Search publications ISBN 0-940642-22-0
- allmusic ((( The Most Mishige > Overview )))
- Sandra Warner (I)
- Party Girl - Trailer - Cast - Showtimes - The New York Times
- Point Blank (1967)
- "The Fugitive" The Chinese Sunset (1966)
- "The Twilight Zone" A Nice Place to Visit (1960) - Full cast and crew
- Sandra Warner Credits | TVGuide.com
- "The Twilight Zone" The Dummy (1962)
- "Perry Mason" The Case of the Bountiful Beauty (1964)