Sanford–Brown Institute – Jacksonville
Sanford–Brown Institute – Jacksonville is for-profit college in Jacksonville, Florida. The Institute is accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools to award Diplomas and Occupational Associate degrees. The Medical Assistant and Surgical Technology programs at Jacksonville campus is programmatically accredited by the Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools.
The history of the Sanford-Brown name dates to 1866 when a professor at Illinois College, Rufus C. Crampton established a school to meet the demands of post-Civil War America. In 1977 Sanford-Brown Institute was founded in New York City. Through the 1980s and 90s the institute expanded across the United States. The Jacksonville campus opened in 1992.
In 2003 Career Education Corporation (CEC) purchased Sanford-Brown Institute.
- 1 Academic programs
- 2 Admissions
- 3 Campus
- 4 External links
Sanford–Brown Institute – Jacksonville offers:
Associate of Science Degree
- Cardiovascular Sonography
- Dental Hygiene
- Veterinary Technology
- Medical Assistant
- Medical Billing & Coding Specialist
- Pharmacy Technician
- Application for Admission
- Enrollment Agreement (if applicant is under 18 years of age, it must also be signed by parent or guardian)
- High School diploma, certificate or other official proof of graduation from an institution providing secondary education
- Financial aid forms
- Satisfactory personal interview with school official
- Statement of general health signed by the student
- Pass the wonderlic test(If student has earned a Bachelor's Degree wonderlic may be waived)
Additional Admissions Requirements by Program
Diagnostic Medical Sonography Program
Jacksonville Florida Campus of Sanford-Brown Institute no longer offers this program.
Cardiovascular Technology Program
- Applicant must achieve a minimum score of 18 on the Wonderlic entrance examination and sore at least a 125 on the accuplacer entrance examination.
- Successful completion of postsecondary school credit equivalent to 30 semester or 45 quarter credit hours. Or
- A minimum of two years full-time work experience in selected allied health occupations that are patient care related as evidenced by letters from former employers on official letterhead indicating the period of full-time employment, job title, and function.
Surgical Technology Program
Jacksonville Florida campus of Sanford-Brown Institute no longer offers this program.
Sanford-Brown - Jacksonville is located at 10255 Fortune Parkway, Suite 501 Jacksonville, Florida. The Jacksonville campus includes classrooms for lectures and labs with industry current equipment.
Jacksonville, the largest city in area in the continental United States, is a rapidly growing metropolitan city in Northeast Florida. The city also has a large urban park system. The system includes both passive and active parks along with its miles of beaches and waterways. With its many businesses and natural assets Jacksonville is a diverse and progressive city.