Sanford C. Bernstein & Co., also known as Bernstein, is the sell-side research unit of AllianceBernstein L.P.
Sanford C. Bernstein was founded by Zalman Bernstein in 1967 as an investment-management firm for private clients. In October 2000, Alliance Capital acquired Sanford C. Bernstein to form AllianceBernstein.
Bernstein’s research disciplines include fundamental research, quantitative research, economic research and currency forecasting. Bernstein also offers customized quantitative services and trading services. Bernstein is consistently among the most highly ranked independent sell-side research teams, according to industry surveys conducted by third-party organizations. Bernstein provides bottom-up coverage and portfolio strategies supported by sophisticated quantitative tools. The Bernstein research brand is defined by their Blackbooks, reports that are known for their unbiased, in-depth company and industry forecasts.
Bernstein has offices in New York, Los Angeles, London, Stockholm, Zurich and Hong Kong, facilitating equity execution in more than 40 countries worldwide.
June 2010 – Sanford C. Bernstein holds its 26th Annual Strategic Decisions Conference 
January 2010 – Bernstein analyst, Toni Sacconaghi comments about Apple and the iPhone 4 release on MSNBC 
October 2009 – Institutional Investor’s 2009 annual client survey names 100% of Bernstein's analysts as among the best in their respective fields
July 2009 – Sanford C. Bernstein is named #1 in every metric by Greenwich Associates 
October 2008 – Institutional Investors All-America Research Team poll names 10 of 23 Bernstein analysts as the single best analyst in their respective sectors; 20 out of 23 were ranked in the top three
December 2008 – Bernstein donates more than $100,000 to the Clinton Foundation 
2007 – Bernstein takes home award for Best Performance in Global Emerging Markets for over five years at Asia Asset Management “Best of the Best” Awards 
- Zalman Bernstein, Wall Street giant, dies, j., February 5, 1999
- Our History-Our Firm-AllianceBernstein. Alliancebernstein.com. Retrieved on 2011-09-01.
- Sanford C. Bernstein's 26th Annual Strategic Decisions Conference 2010
- msnbc.com Video Player. MSNBC. Retrieved on 2011-09-01.
- Amid Bulge Bracket Disruptions, Buy-Side Analysts Turn To Smaller Equity Research Providers. greenwich.com. July 27, 2009
- Clinton Foundation Got Big Lift From Hedge Funds – NYTimes.com. Dealbook.blogs.nytimes.com (2008-12-22). Retrieved on 2011-09-01.
- [dead link]