Sangamon Township, Piatt County, Illinois
Grain elevators in the unincorporated hamlet of Galesville, in section 32 of Sangamon township.
Location in Piatt County
|Established||November 8, 1859|
|• Total||47.25 sq mi (122.4 km2)|
|• Land||47.18 sq mi (122.2 km2)|
|• Water||0.06 sq mi (0.2 km2) 0.13%|
|Elevation||673 ft (205 m)|
|• Density||50/sq mi (20/km2)|
|Time zone||CST (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|GNIS feature ID||0429711|
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 47.25 square miles (122.4 km2), of which 47.18 square miles (122.2 km2) (or 99.85%) is land and 0.06 square miles (0.16 km2) (or 0.13%) is water. Lakes in this township include Buck Pond (historical). The stream of Madden Creek runs through this township.
Cities and towns
- Monticello (northeast three-quarters)
- Blue Ridge Township (north)
- Mahomet Township, Champaign County (northeast)
- Scott Township, Champaign County (east)
- Colfax Township, Champaign County (southeast)
- Monticello Township (south)
- Goose Creek Township (west)
The township contains nine cemeteries: Argo, Boyer, Bucks Pond, Camp Creek, Hughes, Ingram, Mackey, Madden and Mallory.
Airports and landing strips
- Clapper Airport
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-28.