|Area||1,089 km2 (420 sq mi)|
|Main languages||Dari Persian, Uzbek|
Sangcharak District (Persian: سانچارک) or Sancharak is a district of Sar-e Pol Province, Afghanistan. Its center is the city of Tukzar or Tokzar. Sangcharak district borders Balkh Province in the east. Sangcharak District's area is 1089 square kilometres.
Agriculture represents the major source of income for three quarters of the households in the district. The most important field crops grown in Sangcharak district include wheat, maize, alfalfa, barley and flax. The most common crops grown in garden plots include Grapes (75%), fruit and nut trees like Almond and Walnut (Juglans regia) (16%) and vegetables (3%).
The overall literacy rate in Sangcharak district is 12%, however, while nearly one in five (18%) of men are literate this is true for just over one in twenty (6%) women. In the population aged between 15 and 24 the men have a slightly lower literacy rate (17.7%), and so do women (4.8%). On average 29% of children between 6 and 13 are enrolled in school, however the figure is around one-third of boys (30%) and one-sixth of girls (15%).
The transport infrastructure in Sangcharak is not well developed with only 18.2% of roads in the district able to take car traffic in all seasons, and two thirds (65%) able to take car traffic in some seasons. In one-sixth (16.8%) of the province there are no roads at all.
- Ministry of Rural Rehabilitation and Development of Afghanistan, NABDP, Development Programme of Sangcharak District
- Afghanistan Provincial Development Plan, Provincial Profile of Sar-i-Pul, UNAMA
- India. Army. General Staff Branch (1979). Historical and political gazetteer of Afghanistan. Akadem. Druck- u. Verlagsanst. ISBN 978-3-201-01089-4. Retrieved 30 March 2011.
- United States. Foreign Broadcast Information Service; United States. Joint Publications Research Service. Near East/South Asia report. Foreign Broadcast Information Service. Retrieved 30 March 2011.
- United Nations System, Nutrition Information in Crisis Situations, Afghanistan
- Islamic Republic of Afghanistan Central Statistics Organization
- Naval Postgraduate School, Program for Culture and Conflict Studies, Afghanistan, Sar-e Pol Province
- Afghanistan Research and Evaluation Unit (AREU), Afghanistan Livelihood Trajectories: Evidence from Sar-i-Pul
- Voice of Sangcharak