|Born||September 7, 1972|
Sanjay Chandra (born September 7, 1972) is the Managing Director of Unitech Ltd. Presently, he is holding the position of Managing Director of the Company. He is also on the board of Unitech Wireless, Company’s Wireless venture.
Early life and education
After his schooling from Modern School, Vasant Vihar, New Delhi, he did his further studies in Business Management at University of Massachusetts and Boston University.
Chandra founded Ikon Clothing Inc. In 1996 and was President until 2001 when he returned to India. Upon returning Chandra joined Unitech Ltd. as the Head of Sales and Marketing. In 2004, he was promoted to the position of Director.
Chandra was the key plenary at in the India GRI in 2007 for the Total Real Estate Discussion and  and appeared on the Expert Panel for India Retail Forum in 2005 and  chaired the India Advisory Board at the Second Annual ICSC Shopping Centre and Retail Conference, in Mumbai in 2005.
Chandra has received the 3rd Construction World Builders Awards from the The Architect Leadership Council  and placed on the List of Young Global Leaders (YGL) by the World Economic Forum in Geneva in 2011.
In his capacity as Director of Unitech, Sanjay Chandra is an accused in the 2G spectrum scam. He is one of the industry leaders suspected of colluding with politicians such as A. Raja, then minister for communications & IT, to lower prices in the 2010 Indian cellular telephone frequency allocation auctions. The Supreme Court of India said that A. Raja "wanted to favour some companies at the cost of the public exchequer" and "virtually gifted away important national asset."
Chandra was arrested in April 2011 and released on bail on November 23, 2011. In July 2013, the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) moved the Supreme Court for cancelling his bail, alleging that he had attempted to "sabotage the trial." Legal proceedings are ongoing.
Chandra's father Ramesh Chandra is a civil engineer from the IIT Kharagpur, his mother is a doctor. He is married to Preeti Chandra, a fashion designer, and has a son named Karan and a daughter named Trisha who attend school at the American Embassy School. His elder brother, Ajay Chandra, is Managing Director, Unitech Ltd.
- Chandra, Sanjay. "Mr". Occupation. Reuters. Retrieved 27 July 2012.
- India Brochure
- Images Retail
- Images Retail
- Motilal Oswal
- Green Architect Leadership Council
- "2G verdict: A Raja 'virtually gifted away important national asset', says Supreme Court". Times of India. 2 February 2012.
- Today, Business (20 April 2011). "'2G scam: Swan, ADAG, Unitech executives arrested, taken to Tihar'". Business Today. Retrieved 24 July 2013.
- Times of, India (23 November 2011). "'2G case: Corporate honchos get bail, Kani’s plea comes up today'". The Times of India. Retrieved 6 August 2013.
- Times of, India (3 July 2013). "'Sanjay Chandra stories'". The Times of India. Retrieved 24 July 2013.