Sanjeev Chimmalgi (Kannada: ಸಂಜೀವ್ ಚಿಮ್ಮಲಗಿ) (born 29 July 1972) is an Indian Hindustani vocalist. He is a disciple of the revered guru, Pandit C. R. Vyas. His music reflects the voice culture of Kirana gharana as well as the bandish oriented singing of the Gwalior gharana/ Agra gharana.
He is professionally trained as a Computer engineer. Sanjeev Chimmalgi had his initial training from Pandit Madhava Gudi. Later he came under the tutelage of late Pandit C R Vyas. He is also receiving training in Carnatic music under T.R. Balamani and Balachandran in Mumbai and in Konnakol’ under Mridangam exponent T. S. Nandakumar.
Awards and recognition
- 2007 - Best male playback singing for the marathi film 'Aai Shappath'.
- 2006 - Nominated for Zee Gaurav Puraskar, V Shantaram Puraskar and Maharashtra Shasan Puraskar
- 2005-2006 - Sangeetha Shiromani Award consisting of a citation and Rs 25,000/- cash.
- 1995 to 98 - Awarded the National scholarship by the Government of India.
- 1993 - Winner of all India youth under-23 competition conducted by All India Radio.