Delhi University (B.A)
|Doctoral advisor||David Easley|
Eric de Laat
Learning and diffusion
National Talent Scholarship, Government of India. 1978-1985.
He has made pioneering contributions to our understanding of social and economic networks, with publications in leading international journals such as Econometrica, American Economic Review, Journal of Political Economy and Review of Economic Studies.
In 2007, Princeton University Press published his book Connections: an introduction to the economics of networks. A Chinese translation was published by Beijing University Press in 2010.
- Goyal, S. (2007), Connections: an introduction to the economics of networks, Princeton University Press;
- Bala & Goyal (1994), The Birth of a New Market, Economic Journal, 104, 282-290;
- Goyal, S. & Janssen, M. (1997), Non-Exclusive Conventions and Social Coordination, Journal of Economic Theory, 77, 34-57;
- Bala & Goyal (1998), Learning From Neighbors, Review of Economic Studies, 65, 595-621;
- Bala & Goyal (2000), A Non-Cooperative Model of Network Formation, Econometrica, 68, 5, 1181-1231;
- Goyal, S. & Moraga, J.L. (2001), R&D Networks, Rand Journal of Economics, 32, 4, 686-707;
- Goyal, S. & Joshi, S. (2003), Networks of Collaboration in Oligopoly, Games and Economic Behavior, 43, 57-85;
- Goyal, S. & Vega-Redondo, F. (2005), Network formation and social coordination, Games and Economic Behavior, 50, 178-207;
- Galeotti, A., Goyal, S. & Kamphorst, J. (2006), Network formation with heterogeneous players, Games and Economic Behavior, 54, 353-372;
- Goyal, S., Moraga, J.L. & van der Leij, M. (2006), Economics: an emerging small world?, Journal of Political Economy, 114, 2, 403-412;
- Goyal, S. & Vega-Redondo, F. (2007), Structural Holes in Social networks, Journal of Economic Theory, 137, 1, 460-492;
- Galeotti, A. & Goyal, S. (2009), Influencing and influencers: a theory of strategic diffusion, Rand Journal of Economics, 40, 3, 509-532;
- Galeotti, A., Goyal, S., Jackson, M., Vega-Redondo, F. & Yariv, L. (2010), Network Games, Review of Economic Studies 77, 218-244;
- Galeotti, A. & Goyal, S. (2010), The Law of the Few, American Economic Review, 100, 1468-1492.