||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (May 2011)|
Sanjeev Kapoor at Food Food Channel Launch
10 April 1964 |
|Education||Diploma in Hotel Management|
|Cooking style||Indian cuisine|
|Sanjeev Kapoor Web|
Sanjeev is an Indian chef and entrepreneur. Kapoor stars in the TV show Khana Khazana, which is the longest running show of its kind in Asia; it broadcasts in 120 countries and in 2010 had more than 500 million viewers. He launched his "Food Food channel", in January 2011.
Early life and education
He was born in Haryana and spent most of his childhood in Delhi. Sanjeev started in the hospitality industry in 1984 with a Diploma in Hotel Management from the Institute of Hotel Management (IHM) Pusa, Catering Technology & Applied Nutrition.
He began his career in India under their kitchen management scheme. After working in many hotels, he became the Executive Chef of the Centaur Hotel in Mumbai. He is also the recipient of the Best Executive Chef of India Award by H & FS and the Mercury Gold Award at Geneva, Switzerland by IFCA. Singapore Airlines recruited him as one of the members of its "International Culinary Panel". He is the most celebrated face of Indian Cuisine. He is a chef, a host, an author of cookbooks and a restaurant consultant.
In 2010 Kapoor launched Sanjeev Kapoor's Khana Khazana which is his line of ready-to-cook meals. He lends his name to many restaurants all over India. He has released books and CD-ROMs on how to follow his recipes. In January 2011, he launched FoodFood channel, a High Definition TV channel dedicated to food. In 2012 Sanjeev was nominated by the Fundación Consejo España India (Spain India Council Foundation) and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (Spain) as one of 10 future Indian leaders among other notable professionals like Alok Nanavaty, Sunitha Raju, Sanaa Arora, Reuben Abraham, Samarth singh and Indrajit Hazra. In 2013 he hosted and judged the show, Sanjeev Kapoor Ke Kitchen Khiladi, which went on air on 16 September 2013 on Sony India. He was a celebrity judge on Master Chef India (season 3) - Kitchen ke Superstar which aired on Star Plus.
- Monica Bhide (24 February 2010). "India's chef to millions". The Washington Post.
- "Sanjeev Kapoor’s Food Channel in HD". The Times of India. 20 Dec 2010.
- Vir Sanghvi (3 November 2007). "Causing A Stir". Hindustan Times.
- Veenu Singh (12 April 2008). "Stir crazy". Hindustan Times.
- "BOOKS- A very appetizing khazana". BUSINESS INDIA. 22 February 1999.
- Recipe Blog of Sanjeev Kapoor
- Official website
- Sanjeev Kapoor Cookery Books
- Interview with Sanjeev Kapoor for Zee Television
- Khana has khazana of prospects - interview in The Tribune online edition, 15 June 2005
- Launch of Sweekar Advanced at Calcutta
- Books by Sanjeev Kapoor