Sanju Weds Geetha
|Sanju Weds Geetha|
|Produced by||Pramod Narayan|
|Music by||Jassie Gift
Sanju Weds Geetha is a 2011 Kannada film in the romance genre starring Srinagar Kitty and Ramya in the lead roles. It was directed and written by actor-director Nagashekar and produced by Pramod Narayan. While Jassie Gift composed the soundtrack, Sadhu Kokila composed the background score. The film released on 1 April 2011.
Sanju Weds Geetha begins with Sanju graduating in computer science with top marks — immediately after which he leaves to his native Kodagu. There he meets Geetha who is seen helping a beggar on the street, and he is instantly infatuated. He pursues her to like him, too. After several attempts, the strict and strong-willed Geetha gives into Sanju's good nature and they soon become very close. When Geetha reveals a dark childhood story to Sanju that involves her being abused by her cousin, Sanju looks past the incident and likes her even more.
The evil cousin finds out about the romance between Sanju and Geetha and then he misbehaves with Geetha. She forces Sanju to marry her soon; he agrees and tell her that they will be marrying the very next day. Geetha runs away from her house. On the way, the evil cousin abducts and takes advantage of her. Sanju finds out something is amiss and finds Geetha and rescues her from the cousin. He gives the evil cousin a chase then he hunts him down and kills him.
Sanju is sentenced for life for the murder. When Geetha visits him in jail, he asks her to marry someone else. She becomes more depressed. On one occasion Geetha visits one of their previous meeting spots. She slips from the lookout, hurts her head, and loses her memory. A series of tragic events follow leading to the ultimate death of Sanju and Geetha.
- Srinagar Kitty as Sanju
- Ramya as Geetha
- Suhasini Maniratnam
- Rangayana Raghu
- Sadhu Kokila
- Jai Jagadish
- Arun Sagara (Negative Lead)
- Bullet Prakash
- Tabla Naani
- Sharath Lohitashwa
- Brinda Parekh (special appearance in song "Ravana seete kadda")
Jassie Gift's music and Kaviraj's lyrics for the movie have been widely appreciated and is considered one of the top chartbusters. Jassie Gift reused the composition of "Gaganave Baagi" for the song "Arikil Ninnalum" in the Malayalam film Chinatown.
|"Gaganave Baagi"||Shreya Ghoshal||Kaviraj|
|"Nalle Nalle"||Tippu||V. Nagendra Prasad|
|"Omme Baaro"||Shreya Ghoshal||Kaviraj|
|"Ravana Seethen Kadda"||Jassie Gift||V. Nagendra Prasad|
|"Sanju Mattu Geetha"||Sonu Nigam||Kaviraj|
|"Sanju Mattu Geetha"||Shreya Ghoshal||Kaviraj|
- Best Director - Nagashekar
- Best Cinematographer - Sathya Hedge
- Best Actress - Ramya
- Best Lyricist - Kaviraj for "Gaganave Baagi"
- Filmfare Award for Best Director - Kannada - Nagashekar
- Filmfare Award for Best Actress - Kannada - Ramya
- Filmfare Award for Best Female Playback Singer - Kannada - Shreya Ghoshal - "Gaganave Baagi"
- Filmfare Award for Best Lyricist - Kannada - Kaviraj - "Gaganave Baagi"
- Suvarna Award for Best Actress - Ramya
- Suvarna Award for Best Female Playback Singer - Shreya Ghoshal - "Gaganave Baagi"
- "Sanju Weds Geetha audio released on 17-Nov-2010 by Puneet Rajkumar". Sanju Weds Geetha audio released on 17-Nov-2010 by Puneet Rajkumar