From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Sankara can refer to:
- Shiva, whom Hindus, especially Shaivites, worship as supreme God or their Supreme Being
- Adi Sankara, Hindu philosopher of roughly 800 CE credited with reviving Hinduism
- Thomas Sankara (1949–1987), Marxist revolutionary leader of Burkina Faso (from 1983–1987)
- Sankara (2006 film), a 2006 film
- Sankara (2013 film), a 2013 film
- Sankara (Introspection), the debut film by Sri Lankan film director Prasanna Jayakody
- Sankara Eye Foundation, a US-based non-profit working to eradicate curable blindness in India
- Sankara, Burkina Faso, a village in Burkina Faso
- Sankhara, mental formations in Buddhist philosophy
- Sankara Stones, magical rocks from the 1984 feature film Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom
- Sankara, a clan from south Indian state of AndhraPradesh, India
- Sankara, a rock band from South Wales, UK
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Sankara.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.