|Address||İshak Rafet İşitmen Caddesi (Street), Şehitkamil district|
|Opening date||March 2009|
|No. of stores and services||216+|
|Total retail floor area||55,000 square metres (590,000 sq ft)|
|No. of floors||4|
Sanko Park is an enclosed shopping mall located in Gaziantep, Turkey. The largest enclosed mall in the region, construction of the US$160 million project began in 2007, and the centre opened in the spring of 2009.
Because of its location in southeastern Turkey, it draws a significant number of shoppers from nearby Syria. The mall is approximately a two-hour drive from Aleppo, the largest city in northern Syria. With the elimination of visa requirements for travel between Turkey and Syria in September 2009, the center saw the number of Syrian shoppers rise from approximately 3,000 per month to 50,000 by early 2010.
The center was developed by Rönesans Gayrimenkul (Renaissance Construction), a real estate concern that has developed a number of centers in the country.
- G.Antep'in 145 milyon dolarlık Sanko Park'ı Suriyeli'yi de çekecek, Aksam (in Turkish), January 28, 2009 (noting planned opening date of March 20, 2009.
- SANKO Holding'den Alışveriş Merkezi, Haber27, November 14, 2008
- Gaziantep’e 160 milyon dolarlık AVM, Milliyet, April 17, 2009
- Syrians’ New Ardor for a Turkey Looking Eastward, The New York Times, July 24, 2010
- Turkey hopes to grow economic ties and influence within Middle East, The Washington Post, April 8, 2010
- Visa-free travel boosts Gaziantep economy, Hürriyet Daily News and Economic Review, February 1, 2010
- Hakkimizda (About Us), sankopark.com, Retrieved July 26, 2010
- Ice rink photo, Photo gallery in Hürriyet, Accessed July 27, 2010
- Shopping Centers Take Over Turkey, Hürriyet Daily News and Economic Review, March 8, 2010