|Directed by||Sathyan Anthikkad|
|Produced by||Siyad Koker|
|Written by||Sathyan Anthikkad
|Music by||Jerry Amaldev|
|Edited by||K Rajagopal|
|Distributed by||Kokers Films|
Sanmanassullavarkku Samadhanam is a 1986 Malayalam-language Indian feature film directed by Sathyan Anthikkad, starring Mohanlal, Karthika, Sreenivasan and M.G. Soman. The role of Sub Inspector Rajendran portrayed by Sreenivasan was one of the most humorous characters in Malayalam cinema.
It is about a house owner, Gopalakrishna Panikkar, who is struggling with debt incurred during the wedding of his two sisters. He needs to force his tenants to leave so that the house can be sold and the debts repaid. The tenants do not want to leave for reasons of their own. How the various situations unfold and what happens to Gopalakrishna Panikker and the tenants is the rest of the story.
The only way Gopalakrishnan can escape from certain bankruptcy is to sell the property he owns in the city and use the proceeds to settle his debts. To do that, he has to evict his tenants from there first. Unfortunate for him, his tenant is the feisty Meera and her family, who absolutely refuses to vacate the house. Gopalakrishnan uses an obscure clause in the contract to take up residence at the house, and tries his best to smoke his tenants out and takes help of his friend Sub Inspector Rajendran(Sreenivasan) to evict them out. But Rajendran falls in love with Meera and refuses to evict her. Gopalakrishnan plans Rajendran to get married with Meera inorder to evict her with her family but it flops as when it is revealed by Meera's mother that she was a mental patient due to the death of her father. Much hilarity ensues later and Meera atlast when knowing about Gopalakrishnan's problems, vacates the house full heartedly and leaves. But Gopalakrishnan calls her back and calls it as their house.
- Mohanlal as Gopalakrishna Panikkar
- Karthika as Meera
- Sreenivasan as Sub Inspector K. Rajendran
- Thilakan as Damodaran/Damodar Bhai
- Innocent as Kunji Kannan Nair
- Sankaradi as Adv. P. Sreedharan Nair
- Mammukoya as Ummer (as Mamu)
- K.P.A.C. Lalitha as Karthyayani (as Lalitha)
- Sukumari as Panikkar's Mother
- Thodupuzha Vasanthi as Ayisha
- Yadu Krishnan as Monukuttan
- M.G. Soman as Rajendran's Uncle(Poomkinavu Ammavan)
|1||Kanninu Ponkani||K. J. Yesudas||Mullanezhi|
|2||Pavizhamalli Poothulanja||K. J. Yesudas||Mullanezhi|
Reception & Remakes
The film was a critical and commercial success. It was later remade in Telugu as Donga Kollu with Rajendra Prasad and Sumalatha, in Tamil as Illam with Sivakumar and Amala and in Hindi as Yeh Teraa Ghar Yeh Meraa Ghar directed by Priyadarshan and starring Sunil Shetty in the lead role.
- "Sanmanassullavarkku Samaadhaanam". www.malayalachalachithram.com. Retrieved 2014-10-22.
- "Sanmanassullavarkku Samaadhaanam". malayalasangeetham.info. Retrieved 2014-10-22.
- "Sanmanassullavarkku Samaadhaanam". spicyonion.com. Retrieved 2014-10-22.
- Article abou the film in Deepika