|This article is an orphan, as no other articles link to it. Please introduce links to this page from ; try the Find links tool for suggestions. (December 2011)|
Artist Sanna Jalomäki is a Finnish Australian singer, songwriter, painter and formally trained actress.
Born in Helsinki, Finland she moved to Melbourne, Australia in 1973 with her mother and stepfather, younger sister and older brother. Before settling down in Sydney she lived in several places including Perth, Western Australia and Dubbo, New South Wales where her younger brother was born.
In 1986 she travelled to Finland to examine her roots, a stay which extended over 20 years until December 2008 when she moved to Athens, Greece.
Already somewhat accustomed to the world of theatrical performance in Sydney (Rock Eisteddfod Challenge 1983-1996), shortly after Sanna moved to Finland she joined 2 amateur theatre companies Tikkurilan Teatteri and Vantaan Näyttämö respectively. Then in 1991 she was accepted into The University of Tampere (NÄTY) and enrolled in the study programme for a Bachelor's Degree in Theatrical Arts. She worked as a professional actress for over a decade appearing in Finland and abroad (including Germany and Spain) in several television programmes, voiceovers, theatre performances, TV and radio commercials.
From December 2008 to January 2011 she lived in Athens, where she started as a painter specializing in portraiture. Her subject matter focuses on people and their environments. Since 2011 she has lived in Finland where she works as an artist and adult educator.
- Quinninup School 
- Bondi Beach Public School, Sydney, Australia 
- Sarah Redfern High School, Sydney, Australia 
- Department of Theatrical Arts (NÄTY), University of Tampere, Finland  (Bachelor of Arts degree incomplete)
- The Transmission Project (European Union sponsored pilot programme), London, England
- Dialogi kahdelle, theatre play, Ylioppilasteatteri, Helsinki, 1996 Finland
- Hyväntekijät, movie, 1997 Finland
- Kiima- muodonmuutoksia, voiceover, Museum of Natural History, Helsinki University 2000
- Ota ja Omista, MTV3, 1997 Finland
- Herra Valo, theatre production, 1994 Finland
- Matka Viipuriin, movie, 1994 Finland
- In addition to acting Sanna has worked in many theatrical projects as make-up, set and costume designer e.g. in dance theatre productions. She has also had a lengthy history in adult education, her clients ranging from Finnish Parliamentarians to art students. She has also done illustration work for periodicals such as Helsinki Happens (Image Publishing).
- Singer/songwriter for alternative pop-rock band Sansibar 2013-
- Songwriter and lead singer in rock band 'mute8', Helsinki, Finland 2004-2008.
- SANNA at MOZart Café Gallery 10 - 23.11.2010 solo exhibition, Nea Kifissia, Athens, Greece
- SANNA at Arkadia 16.6 - 7.7.2011 solo exhibition, Helsinki, Finland
- SANNA at Rytmi 3.10-3.12.2011 solo exhibition, Helsinki, Finland
- SANNA The Greek Collection at Kitch 1-30.11.2011 solo exhibition, Helsinki, Finland
- TRKCrew at Helsinki Underground Art Weekend Festival (HUA) 11-13.5.2012
- Eco-Art Exhibition Blobs 'n' Scraps (with fellow artist Sinivuokko Koivula) at Gallery Kalleria, Helsinki, 19.7-2.8.2012
- TRKCrew at Artwheels, Night of the Arts, Helsinki, Finland 8.2012
- TRKCrew at Parkkipäivä, Esplanade, Helsinki, Finland 9.2012
- TRKCrew at Valon juhla, Torikorttelit, Kiseleff Building, Helsinki, Finland 10.2012
- SANNA at S-ikkunagalleria, Sokos Department store, Helsinki, Finland 3.9-14.10.2012
- SANNA at TOHONO, Gallery and Design store, Helsinki, Finland 11.12.2012-3.1.2013
- TRKCrew at Rytmi Helsinki, Finland 8.4-18.5.2013
- SANNA at Kirjasto 10 exhibition space, Postitalo, Helsinki, Finland 22.4-5.5.2013
Charity Work and Other Projects
- Concert project manager for Rock Against Child Abuse, (RACP Finland) as well as a member of the International RACP core team. RACP Finland charity concert 19.1.2008 Nosturi, Helsinki, Finland
- Project Manager and Artistic Director for A Photographic Exhibition By the Blind 2010-2012 (PEBB) since April 2010. Founder of non-profit organization mind visibility
- Founder of PIRJO & PURJO PRODUCTIONS (PPP-Art ry) with designer Sinivuokko Koivula, 2012 onwards. Created the youth art project Watts On the Wall (W.O.W 2012) - funded by the Ministry of Education and Culture of Finland with the Minister of Sports and Culture Mr.Paavo Arhinmäki as the project's official guardian.