|Elevation||1,316 ft (401 m)|
Sans is a former settlement in Monterey County, California. It was located 9 miles (14 km) northeast of Cape San Martin, at an elevation of 1316 feet (401 m). Sans still appeared on USGS maps as of 1921.
At the county level, the area that was once Sans is represented on the Monterey County Board of Supervisors by Supervisor Dave Potter . In the California State Assembly, it is represented by Bill Monning as part of the 27th Assembly district. In the State Senate, the area is represented by Sam Blakeslee as part of the 15th State Senate district. In the U.S. House of Representatives, the area is part of California's 17th congressional district, represented by Sam Farr.
- U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: Sans, California
- Durham, David L. (1998). California's Geographic Names: A Gazetteer of Historic and Modern Names of the State. Clovis, Calif.: Word Dancer Press. ISBN 1-884995-14-4.
- "Monterey County Supervisorial District 5 Map (North District 5)". County of Monterey. Retrieved 21 September 2012.
- "Bill Monning - Biography". Bill Monning, California State Assemblyman, 27th District. Retrieved 12 October 2012.
- "District Map". Sam Blakeslee, California State Senator, 15th District. Retrieved 12 October 2012.
- "The 17th District: About the 17th District of California". Sam Farr, United States Congressman, California's 17th District. Retrieved 12 October 2012.
|This Monterey County, California-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|