Santa Baby (film)
|Santa Baby (film)|
|Written by||Garrett Frawley
|Directed by||Ron Underwood|
Jessica Parker Kennedy
|Country of origin||United States|
|Running time||89 minutes|
|Followed by||Santa Baby 2|
Santa Baby is an ABC Family Original Movie. It premiered on December 10, 2006 on ABC Family as part of their annual 25 Days of Christmas event. The film stars Jenny McCarthy, Ivan Sergei, and George Wendt and was filmed in Calgary, Alberta, Canada. It was directed by Ron Underwood.
Mary Class is a high powered businesswoman with her own marketing firm, as well as secretly being the daughter of Santa Claus. When her father falls ill near Christmas, she is forced to return to the North Pole to take his place. She employs her marketing and business management techniques to revitalise the workshop elves, and reconnects with her lost love Luke.
- Jenny McCarthy...Mary Class/Claus - Santa and Mrs. Claus's daughter.
- Ivan Sergei...Luke Jessup
- Kandyse McClure...Donna Campbell
- George Wendt...Santa Claus - Mrs. Claus's husband and Mary's father
- Michael Moriarty...T.J. Hamilton
- Jessica Parker Kennedy...Lucy the Elf
- Tobias Mehler...Grant Foley
- Lynne Griffin...Mrs. Claus - Santa's wife and Mary's mother.
- Sykes Powderface...Sven
- Richard Side...Gary the Elf
- James Higuchi...Dave the Elf
- Gabe Khouth...Skip the Elf
- Tom Carey...Bob the I.T. Guy
- Chris Enright...Helicopter pilot
- Shannon Tuer...Receptionist
The DVD was released on November 20, 2007, in anamorphic 16:9 widescreen. The DVD includes special features such as Still Gallery, Trailers and English & Spanish Subtitles.
Santa Baby was a ratings hit for ABC FAMILY, pulling in over 4.7 million viewers during its initial airing, making it, at the time, the most watched original movie developed for the channel.
Reviews of the film were generally favorable. The Los Angeles Times dubbed Santa Baby "a charming film", Mike Hughes of the Gannett News Service said it was "quite clever", and The New York Post gave it three stars, calling it "...a pretty nice movie". 
A sequel, Santa Baby 2: Christmas Maybe, premiered on December 13, 2009.
- Nordyke, Kimberly (2006-12-13). ""Santa," "Polar" top cable ratings". Reuters UK. Retrieved 2007-12-09.
- Buckman, Adam (2006-12-09). "Santa's Kid: Wendt and McCarthy Dole Out Some Christmas Cheer". New York Post. Retrieved 2007-12-09.[dead link]