Santa Baby 2
|Santa Baby 2|
|Written by||Garrett Frawley
|Directed by||Ron Underwood|
Jessica Parker Kennedy
|Country of origin||United States
|Running time||80 minutes|
|Original channel||ABC Family|
Santa Baby 2 (also known as Santa Baby 2: Christmas Maybe) is a 2009 made for television Christmas film and a sequel to Santa Baby. It premiered on ABC Family on December 13, 2009, in their 25 Days of Christmas programming block. Jenny McCarthy, Lynne Griffin, Jessica Parker Kennedy, Richard Side, and Gabe Khouth all reprise their roles from the original.
Santa's in the midst of a late-life crisis—he's tired of the responsibilities of the job and is ready to pass on the reins to his business-minded daughter Mary, who feels torn between the family business and running her own high-stakes firm in New York City, along with balancing a relationship with the love of her life, Luke. The situation gets increasingly dire when Teri, an ambitious new arrival to the North Pole, sows dissension at the workshop in an effort to take over Christmas. However, it is revealed Teri is an elf, bitter at Mary and was trying to take over Christmas. But Mary manages to stop her and take care of the yearly rounds around the world.
- Jenny McCarthy as Mary Class/Claus
- Dean McDermott as Luke Jessup
- Paul Sorvino as Santa Claus
- Lynne Griffin as Mrs. Claus
- Kelly Stables as Teri
- Jessica Parker Kennedy as Lucy The Elf
- Richard Side as Gary The Elf
- Gabe Khouth as Skip The Elf
- James Higuchi as Dave The Elf
- Kristen Holden-Ried as Colin
- Miguelito Macario Andaluz as Sandy
- Holly Ann Emerson as Young Woman
- Brendan Hunter as Jazz Club Announcer
- Leah MacDonald as Gift Wrapper
Santa Baby 2: Christmas Maybe premiered on December 13, 2009 as part of ABC Family's annual 25 Days of Christmas programming event. The film received 3.8 million viewers on its original broadcast with a 1.2 18–49 rating.
- Santa Baby 2 was filmed in February 2009 in Calgary, Alberta, Canada.
- Ivan Sergei and George Wendt did not reprise their roles as Luke Jessup and Santa Claus, respectively, being replaced by Dean McDermott and Paul Sorvino.
Alexa Vega sang the lead track from the movie, "Christmas Is The Time To Say I Love You" and shot a music video for the song which premiered during the 25 Days of Christmas. Amber Stevens recorded a new version of the title song, "Santa Baby". The songs are featured on the compilation album Songs to Celebrate 25 Days of Christmas, released on November 3, 2009 by Walt Disney Records.
- ABC Family Original Movie, "Santa Baby 2 Christmas Maybe," Ranks as Cable's No. 1 Telecast in Its Time Period
- Newman, Melinda (August 24, 2009). "ABC Family brings pop to smallscreen". Variety (Reed Elsevier). Retrieved October 2, 2009.
- Tommy2.net Songs To Celebrate 25 Days Of Christmas Archives » Tommy2.net
- Amazon.com: Santa Baby 2: Jenny McCarthy, Kelly Stables, Kristen Holden-Ried, Paul Sorvino, Dean McDermott, Jessica Parker Kennedy, Lynne Griffin, Mig Macario, Gabe Khouth, Ri...