Pacific Capital Bancorp
|This article relies on references to primary sources. (May 2008)|
Pacific Capital Bancorp (NASDAQ:PCBC) operated 49 branches between Los Angeles, California and San Jose, California under the name Santa Barbara Bank & Trust. Pacific Capital Bancorp also owned Morton Capital Management and RE Wacker & Associates. It is headquartered in Santa Barbara, California.
On July 17, 2002, Pacific Capital announced to refile its quarterly report on Form 10-Q for the first quarter of 2002 to reflect approximately $850,000 of additional net income.
In financial difficulties after the recession, the tax division was sold to Santa Barbara Tax Products Group and Gerald J. Ford bought a 91% stake in the company in 2010. In 2012, Union Bank announced its acquisition of Pacific Capital Bancorp for $1.5 billion and employees were placed on notice on November 30.
- "Pacific Capital Bancorp Announces Preliminary Second Quarter Results; First Quarter 10-Q To Be Refiled Showing Increase in Net Income".
- American Banker. January 15, 2010 "http://www.americanbanker.com/news/pacific-capital-closes-sale-1006149-1.html?zkPrintable=true"
- The Dallas Morning News. April 30, 2010. "http://www.dallasnews.com/business/headlines/20100429-Dallas-billionaire-Gerald-Ford-strikes-4321.ece"
- SBB&T will rebrand in $1.5 billion deal
- Ventura County Star. 29 November 2012 http://www.vcstar.com/news/2012/nov/29/santa-barbara-bank-trust-employees-on-notice-as/
|url=missing title (help). Retrieved 1 December 2012.
|This United States bank-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|