Santa Barbara Cottage Hospital
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (June 2011)|
|Santa Barbara Cottage Hospital|
|Cottage Health System|
|Location||Santa Barbara, California, US|
|Care system||Private Teaching Hospital|
It is the only Level II trauma center between Los Angeles (south) and the Bay Area (north) on the California coast. Santa Barbara Cottage's location is approximately 90 miles (140 km) northwest of Los Angeles and approximately 300 miles (480 km) south of the Bay Area.
Cottage Hospital is a full-service hospital, primarily serving the diverse population of Santa Barbara County. There are two other satellite hospitals within the Cottage Health Care system, Santa Ynez Cottage Hospital and Goleta Valley Cottage Hospital. All three hospitals have been mandated by the State of California to conform to new earthquake standards. As a result, both the Santa Barbara and Goleta campuses are in the process of rebuilding 21st century hospital facilities. While the Santa Barbara hospital is now fully funded, a capital campaign is still in progress to fully fund the new Goleta facility. The hospital has regular medical-surgical beds as well as a CCU and an ICU.
A full gamut of medical services are available, including a neonatal intensive care unit. The standard of care in the community is generally that of cardiac catheterization (not thrombolytics) for heart attacks requiring intervention.
Santa Barbara Cottage Hospital is replacing all of its inpatient care facilities at an estimated cost of more than $700 million. The new hospital’s healing environment will feature natural light, increased green space and environmentally sensitive elements. Its award-winning architectural design will be both patient- and family-friendly and representative of the Spanish Colonial style for which the community is so well known.
The new SBCH will feature
- 337 spacious rooms
- increased privacy
- numerous meditation areas and gardens, including a “River of Life” flowing through the central gardens
- tripled capacity in the Level II Trauma Center/Emergency Department
- air ambulance services
- consolidated pediatric services in Cottage Children’s Hospital, including a Pediatric Multi-Specialty Clinic
- larger, state-of-the-art operating suites, with minimally invasive and robotic surgical services
- sophisticated imaging and other diagnostic technologies
- "Cottage Health System > Get Involved > Building for the Future > The New Santa Barbara Cottage Hospital". Sbch.org. 2008-12-31. Retrieved 2012-01-20.