Santa Clara (VTA)
VTA light rail station
Santa Clara Station, 2012
San Jose, California 95113
|Connections||Bus Routes 11, 22, 23, 63, 64, 65, 66, 68, 72, 73, 81, 82, 168, 180, 181, 304, 522|
|Owned by||Santa Clara Valley Transportation Authority|
Santa Clara is a light rail station operated by Santa Clara Valley Transportation Authority (VTA). Santa Clara station is served by both the Alum Rock–Santa Teresa and Mountain View–Winchester light rail lines.
Santa Clara station is located in the Historic District of Downtown San Jose, California on 1st and 2nd Streets just south of Santa Clara Street. The northbound platform is on 1st Street; the southbound platform is on 2nd Street. The platforms are connected via a walkway named Fountain Alley.
|1st St (northbound)||■Alum Rock–Santa Teresa||toward Alum Rock (Saint James)|
|■Mountain View–Winchester||toward Mountain View (Saint James)|
|2nd St (southbound)||■Alum Rock–Santa Teresa||toward Santa Teresa (Paseo de San Antonio)|
|■Mountain View–Winchester||toward Winchester (Paseo de San Antonio)|
VTA closed this station for refurbishment from January to May 2007 to allow level boarding at all doors, thus making the station fully wheelchair accessible.
Nearby points of interest
- Santa Clara VTA Downtown Customer Service Center - less than 1 block away - 2 N 1st St
- San Jose City Hall - 2-3 blocks away - 200 E Santa Clara St
- San Jose Improv - less than 1 block away - 62 S 2nd St
- Ballet San Jose - 1 block away - 40 N 1st Street
- San Jose Museum of Art - 2-3 blocks away - 110 S Market St
- Cathedral Basilica of St. Joseph - 2-3 blocks away - 90 S Market St
Future BART station
Santa Clara station is planned as a future transfer point between BART (in the second, unfunded phase of an extension from Fremont) and VTA light rail. The BART downtown San Jose subway station is proposed to be built under Santa Clara Street.