Santa Cruz do Capibaribe
Santa Cruz do Capibaribe (population 80.330) is a city in northeastern Brazil, in the State of Pernambuco. It lies in the mesoregion of Agreste of Pernambuco.Has 335.5 sq/km of total area and is famous for its textile industry together with Caruaru and Toritama.
- State - Pernambuco
- Region - Agreste of Pernambuco
- Boundaries - Brejo da Madre de Deus and Jataúba (S), Taquaritinga do Norte (E), Paraiba (N and W).
- Area - 335.5 sqkm
- Elevation - 438 m
- Hidrography - Capibaribe River
- Vegetation - Caatinga hipoxerofila.
- Clima - Semi desertic
- Annual average temperature - 23.4 c
- Main road - BR 203, BR 104 and PE 130
- Distance to Recife - 194 km
The main economic activities in Santa Cruz do Capibaribe are related with the textile industry (employs 41%) and general commerce.
|Population ||GDP x(1000 R$).||GDP pc (R$)||PE|
Economy by Sector 2006
|Primary sector||Secondary sector||Service sector|
|HDI (2000)||Hospitals (2007)||Hospitals beds (2007)||Children's Mortality every 1000 (2005)|
- http://www.ibge.gov.br/home/estatistica/populacao/estimativa2009/POP2009_DOU.pdf IBGE Population 2009 Santa Cruz do Capibaribe, page 34]
- Santa Cruz do Capibaribe 2007 GDP IBGE page 31
- PE State site - City by city profile
|This Pernambuco, Brazil location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|