Santa Fe, Cebu
Sugar Beach, Santa Fe, the location of several beach resorts
Map of Cebu with Santa Fe highlighted
|Region||Central Visayas (Region VII)|
|Barangays||10 (see § Barangays)|
|• Mayor||Jose "Titing" B. Esgana|
|• Total||28.05 km2 (10.83 sq mi)|
|• Density||970/km2 (2,500/sq mi)|
|Time zone||PST (UTC+8)|
|IDD‑Area code||+63 (0)32|
Santa Fe is a fourth class municipality in the province of Cebu, Philippines. According to the 2010 census, it has a population of 27,270 people. The municipality's territory comprises the southeastern portion of Bantayan Island (bordering on the municipality of Bantayan), and the islands of Guintacan (or Kinatarcan) and Hilantagaan. It is the gateway to the Bantayan group of Islands.
Bantayan Island Airport, serving the whole Bantayan Island, is located in Santa Fe, although there are no scheduled flights. The town can also be reached by ferry from Hagnaya Wharf in San Remigio, Cebu.
Santa Fe is one of the most crowded municipalities during Holy Week: it caters to a large number of tourist, both foreign and locals who spend their holiday on this lush and beautiful island.
The beaches in this part of the island offer particularly fine white sand.
Santa_Fe is administratively subdivided into 10 barangays:
|Name||PSGC code||pop. (2010)|
|Population census of Santa Fe|
|Source: National Statistics Office|
Guintacan Island; the 3 barangays of Hagdan, Bitoon and Langub are located on this island.
- "Municipalities". Quezon City, Philippines: Department of the Interior and Local Government. Retrieved 8 April 2013.
- "Province: Cebu". PSGC Interactive. Makati City, Philippines: National Statistical Coordination Board. Retrieved 8 April 2013.
- "Total Population by Province, City, Municipality and Barangay: as of May 1, 2010". 2010 Census of Population and Housing. National Statistics Office. Retrieved 8 April 2013.
- Philippine Income Classification for Provinces, Cities and Municipalities
- Philippines Standard Geographical Code: Municipality/City: SANTA FE
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Santa Fe, Cebu.|
|Bantayan||Tañon Strait / Daanbantayan, Medellin|