Santa Fe, Romblon
Map of Romblon with Santa Fe highlighted
|Region||MIMAROPA (Region IV-B)|
|• Mayor||Asher C. Visca|
|• Total||63.52 km2 (24.53 sq mi)|
|• Density||250/km2 (640/sq mi)|
|Time zone||PST (UTC+8)|
Santa Fe is a municipality in the province of Romblon, Philippines. It was created by virtue of Republic Act No. 38, passed October 1, 1946. At the 2010 census, it had a population of 15,700 people.
The religious-civic "Fiesta sa Dagat", also known as Municipal Fisherfolks's Day, is held annually during the month of April. It is in honor of its Patron Saint Vecente Ferrer.
The natives are mostly composed of Ati, and are occasionally visited by their counterparts of Panay.
- Danao Norte
- Danao Sur
|Population census of Santa Fe|
|Source: National Statistics Office|
At the 2000 census, it had a population of 14,140 people in 2,636 households. The people of this municipality are composed of religious people. Numerous Christian denominations are present such as Roman Catholic Church, Philippine Independent Church, Foursquare Gospel Church in the Philippines, Assemblies of God, Baptist Church, Jehovah's Witnesses, Seventh-day Adventist Church, and the Potter's Fellowship.
- "Municipalities". Quezon City, Philippines: Department of the Interior and Local Government. Retrieved 31 January 2013.
- "Province: Romblon". PSGC Interactive. Makati City, Philippines: National Statistical Coordination Board. Retrieved 31 January 2013.
- "Total Population by Province, City, Municipality and Barangay: as of May 1, 2010". 2010 Census of Population and Housing. National Statistics Office. Retrieved 31 January 2013.
- "An Act Repealing Commonwealth Act Numbered Five Hundred and Eighty-one, Entitled, "An Act Abolishing the Existing Municipal Governments and the Provincial Government of Romblon, and Creating Instead Four Special Municipalities," Restoring the Regular Provincial Government and Municipalities of the Province of Romblon, and Creating the Municipality of Santa Fe". LawPH.com. n.d. Retrieved 2011-04-08.
- Philippine Standard Geographic Code
- Philippine Census Information
- Local Governance Performance Management System
||Looc / Alcantara|
|Tablas Strait||Sibuyan Sea|