Santa Fe Township, Clinton County, Illinois
|Santa Fe Township|
Location in Clinton County
Clinton County's location in Illinois
|• Total||25.64 sq mi (66.4 km2)|
|• Land||25.48 sq mi (66.0 km2)|
|• Water||0.16 sq mi (0.4 km2) 0.62%|
|Elevation||446 ft (136 m)|
|• Density||44.6/sq mi (17.2/km2)|
|Time zone||CST (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|ZIP codes||62218, 62231, 62271|
|GNIS feature ID||0427929|
Santa Fe Township is one of fifteen townships in Clinton County, Illinois, USA. As of the 2010 census, its population was 1,136 and it contained 454 housing units. The township was formed from part of Germantown and Carlyle townships.
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 25.64 square miles (66.4 km2), of which 25.48 square miles (66.0 km2) (or 99.38%) is land and 0.16 square miles (0.41 km2) (or 0.62%) is water.
Cities, towns, villages
The township contains these six cemeteries: Ira Maddux, Johnson, Locey, Old Nichols on the Ridge, Saint Cecelia and Sharp.
- Big Flat Lake
- Cow Lake
- Goose Lake
- Hog Lake
- Horseshoe Lake
- Little Swan Lake
- Little Flat Lake
- Long Lake
- Savage Lake
- Townsend Lake
- Wildcat Lake
- Royal Lake Resort (southwest half)
- Carlyle Community Unit School District 1
- Central Community High School District
- Bartelso Elementary School District
- Illinois' 19th congressional district
- State House District 107
- State Senate District 54
- "Santa Fe Township, Clinton County, Illinois". Geographic Names Information System, U.S. Geological Survey. Retrieved 2010-01-10.
- United States Census Bureau 2007 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- United States National Atlas
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-28.
- "Santa Fe Township Cemetery Index". Clinton Co ILGenWeb Project. Retrieved 28 August 2013.
||Breese Township||Wade Township||Carlyle Township|
|Germantown Township||Lake Township|
|Okawville Township, Washington County||Covington Township, Washington County|