- For the saint of this name, see Saint Venera.
Il-Kunsill Lokali ta' Santa Venera
|Motto: Virtus in infirmitatate per fictur|
|Borders||Ħamrun, Birkirkara, Qormi, Msida|
|• Mayor||Stephen Sultana (PL)|
|• Total||0.9 km2 (0.3 sq mi)|
|• Density||7,600/km2 (20,000/sq mi)|
Vendriż (m), Vendriża (f), Vendriżi (pl)Vendrin (m), Vendrina (f), Vendrini (pl)
|Time zone||CET (UTC+1)|
|• Summer (DST)||CEST (UTC+2)|
|Patron saint||St. Venera|
|Day of festa||Santa Venera Last Sunday of July and 14 November|
Santa Venera is a town in Malta, with a population of around 6,800 (2011). This settlement is found in the Outer Harbour Region of Malta. It was part of Birkirkara until 1912. The oldest buildings in Santa Venera are Wignacourt Aqueduct and Casa Leoni, both of which were built by the Order of Saint John. A new church has been built recently. The football team of St. Venera is the St. Venera Lightnings, which bears the colours of the town: yellow and blue.
The flag of Santa Venera is a red flag with a white stripe and three red fleur-de-lys on the stripe, taken from the coat of arms of the Grandmaster Alof de Wignacourt who ruled the islands from 1601 to 1622. The flag was introduced with the introduction of local councils in 1993. In 2013, there was a proposal for a new flag with the colours of the town blue and yellow however this was not adopted.
- Saint Elias College
- Vincenzo Bugeja
- Dun Xand Cortis
- St Michael's College
- Triq il-Ferrovija (Railway Road)
- Triq il-Kanun (Canon Road)
- Triq il-Kappillan Mifsud (Parish Priest Mifsud Street)
- Triq il-Kbira San Ġużepp (St Joseph Main Street)
- Triq Reġjonali (Regional Road)
Zones in Santa Venera
- Tal-Palazz Il-Aħmar
- St. Venera Band Club (Soċjeta' Filarmonika Santa Venera V.M. 1964)
- Kummissjoni Zghazagh Palmisti Santa Venera V.M. A.D. 1994
- Kumitat Festi Esterni Parrocca Santa Venera V.M - A.D.1971
- St.Venera United Youth Football Nursery
- Ghaqda tan-Nar 26 ta' Lulju - A.D 2009
- St. Venera Lghtnings Football Club
- St. Venera Scout Group
- St. Venera Girl Guides
Saint Elias College
Saint Elias College is a Secondary Catholic Church school run by the Carmelite Friars.
Mission statement: The aim of Saint Elias College is to form a learning community where each individual is considered to be a child of God. Within a family framework, each individual has a unique value, irrespective of one's capabilities and achievements. In this manner, each individual can attain full growth through experiences which are academic, athletic, religious, creative, cultural and social.
- Santa Venera Online
- Saint Elias College Official Website
- Socjeta' Filarmonika Santa Venera AD 1964
- Kumitat Festi Esterni Parrocca Santa Venera - A.D.1971
|This Malta location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|