Santiago Iñiguez de Onzoño
Santiago Iñiguez de Onzoño (b. May 17, 1962, Madrid, Spain) is the President of IE University and the Dean of IE Business School in Madrid, Spain. He studied at Complutense University of Madrid and Oxford University, UK. Iñiguez de Onzoño is a Doctor of Law and holds an MBA from IE Business School. He was a Recognized Student at Oxford University, UK.
Iñiguez has worked as a management consultant and has played an active role in the field of quality control and development of management education in Europe. He is Chairman of board of directors of GFME (Global Foundation for Management Education) and member of the Board of Directors of AACSB, and the Awarding Body of EQUIS (European Quality Improvement System). He serves on the boards of Renmin University Business School (China), CENTRUM (Universidad Católica, Perú), Antai Business School (Jiao Tong University, China), Renmin University Business School (China), Mazars University (France), the Russian Presidential Academy of National Economy and Public Administration (RANEPA, Russia), and FGV-EASP Fundaçao Getulio Vargas (Brazil). He is also member of the Board of IS Association, Denmark. He was portrayed by the Financial Times as “one of the most significant figures in promoting European business schools internationally”. Iñiguez is also President of the IE Fund in the US.
Iñiguez is Professor of Strategic Management at IE Business School. His book, “The Learning Curve: How Business Schools Are Reinventing Education”, published in 2011, deals with the future challenges of management education and was published by Palgrave McMillan in November 2011. He is co-editor of www.deanstalk.net, a blog focused on management education issues. Iniguez is a regular speaker at international conferences and frequently contributes in different journals and media on higher education and executive development.
Recent Articles Written
- El País, Tribuna - Santiago Iñiguez de Onzoño - Cualquier tiempo pasado fue peor, 18/05/2009
- La Cuestión Universitaria: La educación superior en un entorno global: estrategias de internacionalización de las universidades
- En El País - "El frac verde de Beethoven y la innovación europea", 26-01-2009
- Santiago Iniguez on FT's: Ask the expert: Online Q&A - European business schools, December 3, 2008
- Expansión "El peor de los tiempos, el mejor de los tiempos", 22/11/2008
- Humboldtian Faculty and Mavens - Santiago Iniguez, 11 November 2008
- Discussing Social Responsibility in Shanghai, 11 November 2008