Santiam Christian School
|Santiam Christian Schools|
|7220 NE Arnold Avenue
Corvallis, Oregon, Benton County, 97330
|NCES School ID||01931979|
|Number of students||661|
|Color(s)||Red, White, and Black |
|Athletics conference||OSAA PacWest Conference 3A-3|
|Team name||The Eagles|
Santiam Christian currently resides on the previous location of Camp Adair. Several of Camp Adair's buildings are in use by Santiam Christian. All that really remains is the E. E. Wilson Wildlife Area. In 1978 Parents began planning to establish a Christian high school. Santiam Christian High School was founded in 1979. SC offered grades 9, 10 and 11 with an enrollment of 55 students. In June 1980 Santiam Christian moved to Adair Village. In 1981 SC graduated its first class of 20 students. In 1986 the purchase of 12 buildings and 16.5 acres from US Government was finalized for $1. In 1991 Heritage Christian Elementary officially merged with SC adding grades K-6.
Santiam Christian High School is fully accredited by the Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI) and Northwest Accreditation Commission (NWAC), and meets all requirements for graduation of the Oregon State Department of Education.
High school activities
High school sports
Sports offered to students include: Football, Volleyball, Boys and Girls Soccer, Cross Country, Boys and Girls Basketball, Wrestling, Track & Field, Girls Tennis, Baseball, Softball, and Boys and Girls Golf. The school competes as part of the OSAA's PacWest Conference.
Middle school extracurricular activities
- "Search for Private Schools - School Detail for Santiam Christian School". National Center for Education Statistics. Retrieved May 19, 2014.
- "Profile 08-09". Santiam Christian Schools. Retrieved 2009-07-04.
- About Santiam Christian Schools - accessed May 2014
- High School Activities Santiam Christian Schools - accessed May 2014
- High School Sports Santiam Christian Schools - accessed May 2014