Santo Niño, Samar
Map of Samar with Santo Niño highlighted
|Region||Eastern Visayas (Region VIII)|
|Congr. district||1st district of Samar|
|• Mayor||Lilia A. Coñejos|
|• Total||29.53 km2 (11.40 sq mi)|
|ElevationCamandag Island||429 m (1,407 ft)|
|Highest elevationSanto Niño Island||470 m (1,540 ft)|
|Lowest elevation||0 m (0 ft)|
|• Density||460/km2 (1,200/sq mi)|
|Time zone||PST (UTC+8)|
Santo Niño is a fifth-class island-municipality in the province of Samar, Philippines. The town consists of the northern island of Camandag and the larger Santo Niño Island about 3.1 kilometers (1.9 mi) to the south. In between those two islands is the smaller Pilar Island. The municipality's poblacion (town center) is located in Santo Niño Island. According to the 2010 census, the Municipality of Santo Niño has a population of 13,504 people with a total area of 29.53 square kilometers (11.40 sq mi).
Santo Niño Island
The larger Santo Niño Island is about 18 kilometers (11 mi) northwest of Maripipi, Biliran province with an area of about 19.4 square kilometers (7.5 sq mi). Both islands are volcanic in origin with Santo Niño having the highest elevation in the municipality at 470 meters (1,540 ft). 
The circular Camandag Island is located north of Santo Niño Island, about 3.1 kilometers (1.9 mi) shore to shore. It has area of about 9.8 square kilometers (3.8 sq mi) with an elevation of 429 meters (1,407 ft).
The smallest island of the municipality is located 2.3 kilometers (1.4 mi) off northwest of Santo Niño Island and about 3.5 kilometers (2.2 mi) southwest of Camandag Island. Pilar Island has an elevation of 145 feet (44 m).
Santo Niño Island
- Basud (Pob.)
- Ilo (Pob.)
|Population census of Santo Niño|
|Source: National Statistics Office|
- "Municipalities". Quezon City, Philippines: Department of the Interior and Local Government. Retrieved 14 May 2013.
- "Province: Samar (Western Samar)". PSGC Interactive. Makati City, Philippines: National Statistical Coordination Board. Retrieved 14 May 2013.
- "Total Population by Province, City, Municipality and Barangay: as of May 1, 2010". 2010 Census of Population and Housing. National Statistics Office. Retrieved 14 May 2013.
- "Pilar Island, Santo Niño, Philippines". Google Maps. Retrieved on 2013-11-10.
- U.S. Army Corps of Engineer (1954). "Bogo (topographical map)". University of Austin Library. Retrieved on 2013-11-11.
- Fabian, Galwin (2013-09-21). "Santo Niño Island in Samar". Intrepid Wanderer. Retrieved on 2013-11-11.
- Fabian, Galwin (2013-09-19). "Camandag Island in Samar". Intrepid Wanderer. Retrieved on 2013-11-11.
- U.S. Coast and Geodetic Survey (1919). "United States Coast Pilot, Philippine Islands, Part 1", pg. 205. Government Printing Office, Washington.
- "Province of Western Samar". Municipality Population Data. LWUA Research Division. Retrieved 21 August 2013.
- Philippine Standard Geographic Code
- Philippine Census Information
- Local Governance Performance Management System
|Almagro / Samar Sea|