Santo Tomas, Davao del Norte
Map of Davao del Norte with Santo Tomas highlighted
|Region||Davao (Region XI)|
|Province||Davao del Norte|
|District||2nd district of Davao del Norte|
|Founded||August 14, 1959|
|• Mayor||Benigno Andamon|
|• Total||221.80 km2 (85.64 sq mi)|
|• Density||490/km2 (1,300/sq mi)|
|Time zone||PST (UTC+8)|
Sto. Tomas is located on the island of Mindanao, and it is in the province's second political district. It is bounded in the north by the Municipalities of Kapalong and Talaingod, in the east by the Municipality of Asuncion, in the west by Davao City, and in the south by the Municipality of Braulio E. Dujali.
- La Libertad
- New Katipunan
- Tibal-og (Poblacion/Town Center)
- San Jose
- San Miguel
- New Visayas
- San Vicente
Rainfall in Sto. Tomas is evenly distributed throughout the year. Being a typhoon-free municipality, the production of high value crops is favorable all year round and makes a profitable investment.
|Population census of Santo Tomas|
|Source: National Statistics Office|
Significant to the economic development of Sto. Tomas is a number of multi-national corporations and cooperatives engaged in banana based commercial production successfully operating in the municipality. Rice production also contributes to the economic development of the municipality.
Sto. Tomas is more or less 30 kilometres (19 mi) or about an hour ride from Tagum City by any land vehicle, and the town offers a wide choice of public utility jeepneys via Kinamayan route or bus liner via Carmen route. Davao City is approximately 63 kilometres (39 mi) or an hour and a half ride by bus or private car. Bus liners going to Sto. Tomas are stationed at Davao City Overland Transportation Terminal in Ecoland, Davao City. Bus companies have both non-air-conditioned and air-conditioned units that gives added comfort to passengers to and from Davao City.
Sto. Tomas is accessible by land through any type of vehicle. There are tricycle units serving the different routes within the municipality.
Santo Tomas have several public and private institutions.
- Santo Tomas Elementary School (Public)
- Balagunan National High School (Public)
- Marsman National High School (Public)
- Maryknoll High School
- Santo Tomas National High School (Public)
- Temple Christian School
- Bukidnon State University
- Davao Winchester Colleges Inc. (Private college, high school and elementary)
- ABA Technical School of Sto. Tomas, Inc.
- "Official City/Municipal 2013 Election Results". Intramuros, Manila, Philippines: Commission on Elections (COMELEC). 1 July 2013. Retrieved 5 September 2013.
- "Province: Davao del Norte". PSGC Interactive. Makati City, Philippines: National Statistical Coordination Board. Retrieved 29 April 2014.
- "Total Population by Province, City, Municipality and Barangay: as of May 1, 2010". 2010 Census of Population and Housing. National Statistics Office. Retrieved 29 April 2014.
- Philippine Standard Geographic Code
- Philippine Census Information
- Local Governance
- Performance Management System
|Braulio E. Dujali||Tagum|