Santos Party House
Santos Party House is a New York City nightclub located at 96 Lafayette Street between Walker and White Streets in the TriBeCa neighborhood of downtown Manhattan. Originally named the "Lafayette Street Jungle Gym", Santos Party House has been recognized as the "Best New Nightclub" by Paper magazine's Annual Nightlife Awards, and has also won awards for its parties, sound system, lighting, and dance floor.
The nightclub is a two-level, 8,000-square-foot (740 m2) music venue designed by Ronald Castellano to function as a concert hall, dance club, and lounge. It took the partners, including co-owner Andrew W.K., three years to acquire a cabaret license and finish the creation of the space, with the downstairs space opening on May 14, 2008, and the upstairs space opening on June 1, 2008. In total, the venue features three bars, black walls and ceilings, dark wood floors, tall columns, and an array of ever-changing decorations.
Awards and honors
Santos Party House has received a number of awards, including: The People's Choice Award for Best Night Club, Best New Club, Best DJ Night from Paper magazine, Best New Dance Floor from the Village Voice, as well as additional awards for its sound and lighting systems from NY Press and L Magazine.
- "Santos's Party House". Retrieved 2008-09-14.
- "The Let’s-Just-Party-Boy". Retrieved 2009-04-26.
- De Silvero, Victoria (2008-06-08). "Thank You for Partying". New York Times. Retrieved 2008-09-14.
- "Santos' Party House Actually Houses a Party". New York Magazine. 2008-05-14. Retrieved 2008-09-14.
- "Santos' Party House Opens Upstairs Space". New York Magazine. 2008-06-02. Retrieved 2008-09-14.
- Craig, Caroline Torem and Swerdloff, Alexis. "About Last Night... PAPER's Fourth Annual Nightlife Awards Presented by Diesel" Paper (November 17, 2008)
- "Best New Dance Floor: Santos' Party House" Village Voice (October 17, 2008)
- "Santos Party House" on Myspace.com
|This New York City–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|