Santuario de la Medalla Milagrosa y San Agustín, Montevideo
|Santuario de la Medalla Milagrosa y San Agustín|
|Location||Domingo Ereño 2465
|Ecclesiastical or organizational status||Parish church|
The Sanctuary of the Miraculous Medal and Saint Augustine (Spanish: Santuario de la Medalla Milagrosa y San Agustín), popularly known as Iglesia de la Unión (due to its location in the neighbourhood of La Unión) is a Roman Catholic parish church in Montevideo, Uruguay.
Held by the Congregation of the Mission, it is dedicated to Saint Augustine and the Immaculate Virgin Mary of the Miraculous Medal. Cardinal Antonio Barbieri was decisive in this dedication; now the sanctuary is a shrine of pilgrimage. Furthermore, in 1975 it was declared a National Monument.
The Montevideo Philharmonic Orchestra holds concerts here during its seasons.
There is another church in Uruguay dedicated to the Miraculous Medal:
- "Iglesia de la Unión". Archdiocese of Montevideo. Retrieved 28 April 2013. (Spanish)
- "History of the Church of La Unión". Retrieved 28 April 2013. (Spanish)
- "Institutes of consecrated life in Uruguay". Archdiocese of Montevideo. Retrieved 28 April 2013. (Spanish)
- "Our Lady of the Miraculous Medal Sanctuary". Archdiocese of Montevideo. Retrieved 1 May 2013. (Spanish)
- Montevideo Philharmonic Orchestra (Spanish)
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Santuario de la Medalla Milagrosa y San Agustín.|
|This article about a church building or other Christian place of worship in Uruguay is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|