|Founders||Shirish Deodhar, Madhukar Bhatia, Swati Deodhar & Hemant Joshi|
Sapience Analytics (fka "InnovizeTech Software" until 2012) is a software startup which develops workforce management software called Sapience (to measure time management of employees). The company is headquartered in Pune, India and co-founded by Shirish Deodhar (CEO), Madhukar Bhatia, Swati Deodhar and Hemant Joshi in 2009. The board of director includes Mr Harish Mehta, Chairman & Managing Director of Onward Technologies and advisory board includes Rajan Anandan, Managing Director & Country Head of Google India and Rehan Yar Khan, founder of Flora2000.
|Stable release||2.7 / 31 December 2013|
|Operating system||Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows 8 , Ubuntu , Android|
|Platform||IA-32 and x64, tablets, and mobile phones|
Sapience is the main application software produced by Sapience Analytics. It uses a client-server architecture to implement employee time tracking software. A server-side component collates data from employees at all levels of a company's organizational hierarchy. A per-employee client-side component is installed on each of the company's computers, which logs all programs the employee uses (because this is a standalone client-side component it can keep logging even when only intermittently connected to the internet — contrast with cloud computing employee-tracking systems which usually must be online at all times).
The software provides an employee-specific dashboard-feature, showing how much wall-time an employee has spent during the week on browsing, email/chat, programming/testing, online meetings, and personal tasks. Besides the graphs, there is also a detailed log: the app tracks which files and websites were accessed, and maps them (automatically or optionally manually) into the activity-categories. Time spent away from the computer is tracked as "offline" time; these events can be categorized manually. Managers can see a combined-dashboard showing daily/weekly/monthly activity of all their direct employees, once data has been uploaded to the server-component from each employee's computer. Best and worst time by individual employees (according to the software's metric) are highlighted, as are best and worst time by teams (based on performance of individual employees underneath them).
Sapience has been adopted by several business leaders and big companies as a self-help tool for employees to can measure their own productivity). The software is intended to help companies offer employees more flexible work policies, such as telecommuting.
Recently it is in talks to raise up to $10 million to fund US expansion.
- TiE Global confers TiE50 award to Sapience, it is meant for 50 hottest tech start-ups globally 
- Awarded NASSCOM League of 10 Emerge companies in 2013 and won a lesser award in 2012.
- Named as "50 Hot Companies" by IDG Channel World
- The Indian business daily The Economic Times featured Sapience in multiple articles: Employee Productivity audit tool in 2012, startups of 2014, next-gen companies, productivity analysis via software, snapshot major customer.
- "Measure Employee Productivity". LiveMint. 26 July 2010.
- "Executive Team at Sapience". Improve Employee Productivity. 1 Jan 2010.
- "Zensar CEO adopts Sapience". The Hindu Business Line. February 2012. Retrieved 22 October 2013.
- "Big companies seek help from Sapience". The Economic Times. May 2013. Retrieved 8 May 2013.
- "Sapience aims to expand in US". The Economic Times. May 2014. Retrieved 19 May 2014.
- "Sapience becomes TiE50 Hottest Technology Start ups globally". TiE. May 2014. Retrieved 29 May 2014.
- "10 promising Indian startups picked by NASSCOM's Emerge". ZDNet.
- "Business Standard - Sapience is NASSCOM League of 10 Emerge 2013". Business Standard.
- "Sapience is NASSCOM League of 10 Emerge 2013". NASSCOM. November 2013. Retrieved 29 October 2013.
- "Sapience is NASSCOM Top 10 Made in India Enterprise Product". NASSCOM. October 2012. Retrieved 15 October 2012.
- "Sapience selected as IDG ChannelWorld 50 Hot Companies 2013". IDG. February 2013. Retrieved 15 February 2013.
- "Sapience helps companies audit employee productivity". The Economic Times. September 2012. Retrieved 17 September 2012.
- "Sapience is Promising Start up 2014". The Economic Times. December 2013. Retrieved 23 December 2013.
- "Sapience is Next Gen IT Company in India". The Economic Times. April 2013. Retrieved 5 April 2013.
- "Sapience shows - Time at work matters, not time in office". The Economic Times. April 2013. Retrieved 26 April 2013.
- "Sapience Next-Gen IT company". The Economic Times. April 2013. Retrieved 5 April 2013.
- "Sapience in talks to raise up to $10 million to fund US expansion". The Economic Times. 19 May 2014.
- "Sapience is among 4th Wave of world class product companies from India". Yourstory.in. 30 May 2014.
- "Co-founder Swati Deodhar features in Dataquest Channel". Dataquest. April 2014.
- "CMO Avinash Sethi shares ways to improve productivity at work place". Product Thinking. April 2014.
- "Sapience is Top 10 Emerging Analytics Start-ups in India to Watch in 2014". Analytics India. January 2014.
- "Sapience awarded Best Emerging SME 2013". D&B SME Award 2013. D&B. November 2013.
- "IIT Bombay features Sapience CEO Shirish Deodhar". Indian Institute of Technology Bombay. April 2013.
- "1M by 1M showcases Sapience". One Million by One Million blog. January 2013.
- "Xconomy profiles Sapience". Xconomy. July 2012.
- "Sapience raises INR 45 million". yourstory.in. November 2011.
- "Sapience makes it to Red Herring Top 100 Asia Technology Companies". Red Herring. November 2011.
- "Sapience raises INR 16 million". vccircle.in. July 2010.
- "Profile of Rajan Anandan - advisory board member at Sapience".
- "Profile of Harish Mehta - Board member at Sapience".