Sapphire (John Martyn album)
|Studio album by John Martyn|
|John Martyn chronology|
Sapphire is a rock album by John Martyn, who by this stage in his career had almost entirely abandoned the acoustic guitar and folk approach in favour of a glossy pop/rock sound.
Recorded at Compass Point Studios, Nassau, Bahamas and CaVa Sound Workshops, Glasgow, Scotland, the album was originally released on LP by Island, catalogue number ILPS 9779, with cover photography by Anton Corbijn and a cover illustration by Cathie Felstead.
Robert Palmer assisted in the later stages of the recording.
All tracks composed by John Martyn except where indicated.
- "Sapphire" 4:42
- "Over The Rainbow" (Harold Arlen, Yip Harburg) 3:21
- "You Know" 3:14
- "Watching Her Eyes" 3:15
- "Fisherman's Dream" 4:16
- "Acid Rain" (Martyn, Alan Thomson) 4:11
- "Mad Dog Days" (Martyn, Alan Thomson) 4:59
- "Climb The Walls" 4:14
- "Coming In On Time" 3:34
- "Rope-Soul'd" (Martyn, Alan Thomson, Barry Reynolds) 4:46
- John Martyn - guitars, vocals, Linn drums
- Barry Reynolds - guitar
- Alan Thomson - bass guitar, keyboards, Linn drums
- Jack Waldman - keyboards
- Jim Prime - keyboards
- Robin Rankin - keyboards
- James Hooker - keyboards
- Steven Stanley - Linn drums
- Andy Lyden - Linn drums
- Uziah "Sticky" Thompson - percussion
- Colin Tully - saxophones
- Morwenne Laidlaw - vocal harmonies
- Terry Neason - vocal harmonies
- Lorna Brooks - vocal harmonies
- Anton Corbijn - photography
Choral section by S.N.O. arranged by Dave Murricane.
|This 1980s rock album-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|