||An automated process has detected links on this page on the local or global blacklist.|
Location of Sarıgöl within Turkey.
|• District||356.99 km2 (137.83 sq mi)|
|Elevation||194 m (636 ft)|
|• District density||100/km2 (260/sq mi)|
|Time zone||EET (UTC+2)|
|• Summer (DST)||EEST (UTC+3)|
Sarıgöl is a town and district of Manisa Province in the Aegean region of Turkey. According to the 2000 census, population of the district is 35,621 of which 12,043 live in the town of Sarıgöl. The district covers an area of 357 km2 (138 sq mi), and the town lies at an elevation of 194 m (636 ft).
Sarıgöl is a small town located between the provinces of Denizli and Manisa. According to some historians, it has been an important city throughout history. There was an ancient city called Callatebus (Kallatebos) in the vicinity of today's Sarıgöl. The city of Kallatebos (Calletebus) was mentioned by Herodotus in his 7th book's 31st district. The city was between Philadelphia (Alaşehir) and Hierapolis (Pamukkale).
- "Area of regions (including lakes), km²". Regional Statistics Database. Turkish Statistical Institute. 2002. Retrieved 2013-03-05.
- "Population of province/district centers and towns/villages by districts - 2012". Address Based Population Registration System (ABPRS) Database. Turkish Statistical Institute. Retrieved 2013-02-27.
- Turkish Statistical Institute. "Census 2000, Key statistics for urban areas of Turkey" (XLS) (in Turkish). Retrieved 2009-04-11.
- GeoHive. "Statistical information on Turkey's administrative units". Retrieved 2009-04-11.
- Statoids. "Statistical information on districts of Turkey". Retrieved 2009-04-04.
- Falling Rain Genomics, Inc. "Geographical information on Sarıgöl, Turkey". Retrieved 2009-04-11.
- District governor's official website (Turkish)
- District municipality's official website (Turkish)
- Road map of Sarıgöl and environs
- Various images of Sarıgöl
|This geographical article about a location in Manisa Province, Turkey is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|