Location of Sarıveliler within Turkey.
|• Mayor||Hayri Samur (Independent)|
|• District||372.78 km2 (143.93 sq mi)|
|Elevation||1,405 m (4,610 ft)|
|• District density||33/km2 (87/sq mi)|
|Time zone||EET (UTC+2)|
|• Summer (DST)||EEST (UTC+3)|
Sarıveliler is a town and district of Karaman Province in the Central Anatolia region of Turkey. According to 2000 census, population of the district is 21,308 of which 6,718 live in the town of Sarıveliler.
There is no exact information about town's history, we may assume people settled down the town at Roman Empire times. Also by the archeological founds near Goktepe and Ugurlu, we understand people started to live in Sariveliler in 2000 B.C.
- "Area of regions (including lakes), km²". Regional Statistics Database. Turkish Statistical Institute. 2002. Retrieved 2013-03-05.
- "Population of province/district centers and towns/villages by districts - 2012". Address Based Population Registration System (ABPRS) Database. Turkish Statistical Institute. Retrieved 2013-02-27.
- Turkish Statistical Institute. "Census 2000, Key statistics for urban areas of Turkey" (in Turkish). Archived from the original (XLS) on 2007-07-22. Retrieved 2008-03-20.
- Falling Rain Genomics, Inc. "Geographical information on Sarıveliler, Turkey". Archived from the original on 2012-10-25. Retrieved 2008-03-16.
- District governor's official website (Turkish)
- District municipality's official website (Turkish)
- District municipality's News portal website (Turkish)
|This geographical article about a location in Karaman Province, Turkey is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|