|Sara Carbonero Arévalo|
3 February 1984 |
Corral de Almaguer, Toledo, Spain
|Occupation||Television presenter and
During the 2010 FIFA World Cup it was alleged that Carbonero, reporting during the match between Spain and Switzerland, had distracted Casillas, causing the unexpected Swiss victory. The allegations were made in the English press, originally by Graham Keeley of The Times and later repeated by several other English newspapers, prompting the Madrid-based Spanish newspapers El Mundo, El País and the popular sports daily Marca to all run articles suggesting that the claims were preposterous and untrue.
Questions were also raised about her journalistic integrity after she undertook to interview her boyfriend Casillas after the match. As a result of the controversy Carbonero in Spain became "one of the most photographed people of the World Cup".
On 6 July 2013, it has been announced that Carbonero and Casillas would become parents for the first time.
- "Sara Carbonero. Una periodista corraleña en Radio Marca". www.corraldealmaguer.net (in Spanish). 2006. p. 12. Retrieved 17 June 2010.
- "Su mundo mundial". Elle (in Spanish) (286). July 2010. Retrieved 30 November 2010.
- "Telecinco le 'roba' Sara Carbonero a La Sexta". El Mundo (in Spanish). 24 April 2009. Retrieved 17 June 2010.
- World Cup 2010: Spain points finger of blame at Sara Carbonero
- "Iker Casillas in spotlight over girlfriend role". BBC News. 17 June 2010. Retrieved 17 June 2010.
- "The Times echa la culpa a Sara Carbonero". El Mundo (in Spanish). 17 June 2010. Retrieved 19 June 2010.
- "La culpa es de Sara Carbonero... asegura 'The Times'". El País (in Spanish). 17 June 2010. Retrieved 19 June 2010.
- "¿Vais a dejar que la prensa mundial se ría de La Roja?". Marca (in Spanish). 17 June 2010. Retrieved 19 June 2010.
- Mackey, Robert (18 June 2010). "Spanish Goalkeeper’s Girlfriend Distracts British Press". The New York Times. Retrieved 19 June 2010.
- Kramer, Brigitte (28 June 2010). "Sara im Macholand". Neue Zürcher Zeitung (in German). "So aber ist Carbonero [...] in Spanien zu einer der meistfotografierten Personen der WM geworden."
- "The Five Sexiest Sports Reporters in the World". FHM. Retrieved 13 July 2010.
- "Sara Carbonero, elegida la reportera deportiva más sexy del mundo". El Mundo (in Spanish). 10 August 2009. Retrieved 17 June 2010.
- "Iker Casillas to become father for first time". inside World Soccer. 7 July 2013.
|This article about a Spanish journalist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|