Sara Jean Underwood
|Sara Jean Underwood|
Underwood exhibiting at Glamourcon 42, Los Angeles, on October 7, 2007
|Playboy centerfold appearance|
|Preceded by||Stephanie Larimore|
|Succeeded by||Nicole Voss|
|Playmate of the Year|
|Preceded by||Kara Monaco|
|Succeeded by||Jayde Nicole|
March 26, 1984 |
Portland, Oregon, United States
|Measurements||Bust: 32B (pre-augmentation)
Waist: 24 in (610 mm)
Hips: 31 in (790 mm)
|Height||5 ft 3 in (1.60 m)|
|Weight||103 lb (47 kg; 7.4 st)|
Sara Jean Underwood (born March 26, 1984) is an American model and actress who was chosen as the Playmate of the Month for the July 2006 issue of Playboy magazine and later became Playmate of the Year in 2007. She is a former host of Attack of the Show! on G4.
She was a schoolmate of American football player Derek Anderson. Her first job was assisting in sales of heavy construction equipment. She worked in the Beaverton, Oregon branch of the Hooters chain of restaurants.
Underwood first appeared in Playboy in its Girls of the Pac-10 pictorial in the October 2005 issue. She was featured on the cover, holding a football and clad only in a body painted rendering of an Oregon State Beavers football jersey and matching bikini briefs. She next appeared in the magazine in July 2006, as the Playmate of the Month. When she became Playmate of the Year in June 2007, her prize included a Mini Cooper convertible. She was the first Miss July to receive the title, although she herself said, "I didn't think I was pretty enough". In March 2008, Playboy magazine ranked her at #25 on their "25 Hottest Playboy Celebrities" list.
Underwood appeared in episode #2 of the E! network's series The Girls Next Door, as a Playmate hoping to have her test shoot taken at Playboy Studio West. Subsequently, Playboy featured her as Miss July 2006. She appeared in several more episodes of The Girls Next Door.
On June 7, 2007, a group of Oregon State University women's studies students created a poster celebrating Underwood's selection as Playboy's 2007 Playmate of the Year, and posted it outside Bexel Hall, where it remained in place for only a few hours before Oregon State University staff took it down. The poster embraced the theme and the style of the "Achievement" posters that line Campus Way at the university. The poster read, "Sara Jean: First OSU Beaver Playmate of the Year, Playboy June '07, OSU Centerfold, People, Ideas, Innovation." The mention of her as the "first" Playmate of the Year from OSU was actually incorrect; she was preceded by Jodi Ann Paterson, the Playmate of the Year for 2000.
Film and television work
Underwood appears as a pirate wench in the 2007 film Epic Movie, along with fellow Playmates Qiana Chase, Irina Voronina and Jillian Grace. Underwood appeared as a playmate in the 2008 comedy, House Bunny, along with fellow playmates and in 2009 was in the film The Telling with Bridget Marquardt and Holly Madison, and as herself in Miss March. In 2013 Underwood was cast in the lead role in the horror thriller Deadly Weekend (also known as Zellwood).
She appeared on the wedding episode of Kendra where it was announced at Kendra Wilkinson's bachelorette party that Underwood had undergone breast augmentation surgery. Later, on The Howard Stern Show, Underwood confirmed that she had breast implants.
Underwood has also worked in television as a presenter. She worked as a "fight jock" or continuity announcer for the Blackbelt TV cable network. In 2009 she co-hosted five episodes of G4's Attack of the Show, filling in for a vacationing Olivia Munn. She co-hosted episodes in 2010. In 2011, she was a substitute host and one of the regular presenters of "The Feed".
An avid practitioner of yoga, she competed in the 8th Kunoichi competition in Japan, known in the U.S. as Women of Ninja Warrior. She won her first stage heat after gaining a big lead on three Japanese contestants that had more pedigreed backgrounds in athletics. She failed on the second stage when she misjudged the second step of the Dancing Stones and fell.
After modeling in advertising for VictoryPoker.net and playing in charity poker tournaments, she joined their team of professional poker players.
Underwood had a two year on-again, off-again relationship with television presenter Ryan Seacrest. Since 2013, Underwood has been dating The Bachelorette season 6's Roberto Martinez.
- Epic Movie (2007) Pirate Wench
- The House Bunny (2008) Herself
- Two Million Stupid Women (2009) as Ginger
- Miss March (2009) as Herself
- The Telling (2009) Tracey
- Zellwood/Deadliest Weekend (2009) Katie
- Attack of the Show co-host, 147 episodes.
- Kunoichi (Women of Ninja Warrior), Competitor, Competition 8, Exited at round 2.
- Bridget's Sexiest Beaches Guest, Season 1 Episode 2, "Croatia".
- Ridiculousness Guest
- Web Soup 2009 Golden Awards Guest
- "Playmate data". Retrieved 2009-03-03.
- 07 at Playboy Online. Retrieved on 2010-01-07.
- "Playmate makes film appearance". 2009-02-13.
Right now, I'm taking classes at Portland State University in business and business marketing
- "Derek Anderson Tight With Playboy Playmate". The Oregonian. 2007-11-01.
- Greg Garber (2007-12-27). "Derek Anderson: From humble beginnings to budding star". ESPN. Retrieved 2010-03-17.
cover of Playboy wearing what appeared to be an Oregon State football jersey, a tribute to her fellow Beaver, Anderson.
- The Girls Next Door Season 3 episode broadcast May 6, 2007
- Shannon Salyer (2005-09-27). "Uncovered: Beavers bust into Playboy".
- Playmate of the year sells her 2007 Mini Cooper S convertible, Global Motors.
- Sandy Cohen (2007-03-07). "Miss July named Playboy's 2007 Playmate of the Year". San Francisco Chronicle. Retrieved 2009-10-17.
- Hefner, Hugh M, ed. (March 2008). "Playboy" 55 (3). Chicago Illinois, USA: Playboy Enterprises. p. 74. ISSN 0032-1478.
Playmate of the Year Sara Jean Underwood wasn't shopping for talent when she walked into Bebe in Beverly Hills, but in 26-year-old sales specialist Ida (pronounced "EE-duh") Ljungqvist she spotted a must-have item.
- The Girls Next Door
- "'Playboy' project draws fire from university officials". Retrieved 2010-08-10.
- "Playmate of the Year". Playboy. June 2000.
- "Playboy bunny fights for her Chihuahua". MSNBC. 2008-11-14. Retrieved 2010-01-10.
- Melissa Arseniuk (2009-04-24). "Playmate of the Year’ to be crowned in Las Vegas". Las Vegas Sun (The Greenspun Corporation). Retrieved 2010-10-01.
Many other former Playmates of the Year are also expected to attend. Recent Playmates of the Year include Jayde Nicole (2008), Sara Jean Underwood (2007), who is also credited with discovering Ljungqvist, and Kara Monaco (2006).
- Sara Jean Underwood "Miss March" Video Interview on YouTube
- Staff. "Deadly Weekend (2013) Video 82 min - Horror, Thriller - 28 January 2014 (USA)". IMDb. Amazon. Retrieved 2 June 2014.
- "Undress Rehearsal/Let Them Eat Wedding Cake". Kendra. Season 1. Episode 9. 2009-08-02. E!: Entertainment Television. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1484649/.
- Stern, Howard (2009-11-11). "Sara Jean Underwood". The Howard Stern Show. Archived from the original on 2009-12-01.
Sara said they dated sporadically for 2 years but never had sex
- G4's Attack of the Show August 10, 11 & 12, 2009
- "Playmate News". Playboy (Playboy Inc.) 56: 122–123. November 2009.
- "VictoryPoker.net: Sara Underwood". VictoryPoker.net. Retrieved 2010-03-02.
- "TV by the Numbers". Retrieved 10 April 12. Check date values in:
- "Roberto Martinez and Sara Underwood’s Relationship: A Timeline". Wetpaint.
- Waldholz, Chantal (March 28, 2013). "EXCLUSIVE: 'Bachelorette' Star Roberto Martinez Dating 'Playboy' Model Sara Underwood". Life and Style. Retrieved March 28, 2013.
- "Roberto Martinez and Sara Underwood Are Getting Serious!". Wetpaint.
- "Bachelorette Winner Roberto Martinez Steams Up Mexico With Playmate Sara Underwood". Pop Dust.
- Eugene Morton (August 11, 2009). "Attack of the Show Behind the Scenes". Retrieved 2009-08-12.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Sara Jean Underwood.|
- Sara Jean Underwood on Facebook
- Sara Jean Underwood on Twitter
- Sara Jean Underwood at the Internet Movie Database
- Sara Jean Underwood on Myspace