||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (April 2014)|
|Born||Sarah Jane Hyland
November 24, 1990
Manhattan, New York, U.S.
|Alma mater||Professional Performing Arts School|
|Partner(s)||Matt Prokop (2009–present)|
Hyland has been acting since she was five years old, with her first role as Howard Stern's daughter in the film Private Parts. She went on in her career to portray such roles as Molly in the 1999 television remake of Annie, and has played Brooke Shields' daughter, Maddie Healy, in Lipstick Jungle on NBC. Hyland is featured in an Olive Garden commercial along with actress Molly Culver, and has also appeared on Broadway playing the young Jackie O in Grey Gardens the musical.
Hyland currently plays Haley Dunphy on the ABC sitcom Modern Family, for which she has won a Screen Actors Guild Award for Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Comedy Series, along with the rest of the show's cast.
In 2009, Hyland began dating actor Matt Prokop, whom she met while auditioning for High School Musical 3: Senior Year. Hyland and Prokop are currently living together. They also co-starred together as the lead roles in Geek Charming, a Disney Channel Original Movie.
In May 2012, Hyland revealed that she has had a lifetime battle with kidney dysplasia. She had been living with it since she was a young child, but her father found out that he was a kidney match, and donated one of his to her in April 2012.
|1997||A Tall Winter's Tale||Elizabeth|
|1997||Private Parts||Howard's Daughter|
|1998||The Object of My Affection||Molly|
|1998||Advice from a Caterpillar||Lizbeth|
|1999||Cradle Will Rock||Silvano – Giovanna|
|2000||Joe Gould's Secret||Elizabeth Mitchell|
|2002||The Empath||Young Christine|
|2007||Blind Date||Child||Voice only|
|2010||The Science of Cool||Unknown|
|2011||Geek Charming||Dylan Schoenfield||Disney Original Movie|
|2012||Struck by Lightning||Claire Mathews|
|2013||Scary Movie 5||Mia|
|2014||Vampire Academy||Natalie Dashkov|
|2014||Date and Switch||Ava|
|1998||Trinity||Shy Girl||Episode: "No Secrets"|
|1998||The Audrey Hepburn Story||Audrey Hepburn (at 8 years old)||Movie|
|2000||Falcone||Jessica Pistone Egan|
|2001||Law & Order: Special Victims Unit||Lily Ramsey||Episode: "Repression"|
|2002||Touched by an Angel||Grace||Episode: "A Feather on the Breath of God"|
|2005||Law & Order: Trial by Jury||Brianne Colby||Episode: "Vigilante"|
|2008–09||Lipstick Jungle||Maddie Healy||Recurring role|
|2009||Law & Order: Special Victims Unit||Jennifer Banks||Episode: "Hothouse"|
|Modern Family||Haley Dunphy||Nominated – Critics' Choice Television Award for Best Comedy Supporting Actress (2013)|
|2011||Childrens Hospital||Famous Person||Episode: "Nip/Tug"|
|2011||Geek Charming||Dylan Shoenfield||Movie|
|Randy Cunningham: 9th Grade Ninja||Theresa Fowler (voice)||Recurring role|
|2013||Call Me Crazy: A Five Film||Grace||Movie|
|2013||Bonnie & Clyde||Blanche Barrow||Miniseries|
|2014||Hot in Cleveland||Ivy||Episode: "Rusty Banks Rides Again"|
- "Sarah Hyland Biography (1990–)". Filmreference.com. Retrieved 2011-02-18.
- "SARAH HYLAND: Haley Dunphy on ABC's "Modern Family". ABC Studio.
- "It's Evening in America". Vanity Fair. May 2012. Page 159.
- "Sarah Hyland Theatre Credits". Broadwayworld.com. Retrieved 2011-02-18.
- Dish Of Salt: Sarah Hyland Gets ‘Struck By Lightning’. Access Hollywood (2012-03-26). Retrieved on 2012-04-03.
- "Sarah Hyland Style Savvy".
- "Sarah Hyland & Matt Prokop Gush About Living Together!". HollywoodLife.com. Retrieved 2012-01-05.
- "Sarah Hyland Reveals She Had a Kidney Transplant". People. 2012-05-14. Retrieved 2012-05-14.
- 'Modern Family' Star's Health Struggle: Sarah Hyland Reveals Kidney Disease, Received Transplant, ABC News, YouTube ( May 14, 2012)
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Sarah Hyland.|
- Sarah Hyland at the Internet Movie Database
- Sarah Hyland at the Internet Broadway Database
- Sarah Hyland on Twitter