November 24, 1990 |
Manhattan, New York, U.S.
|Alma mater||Professional Performing Arts School|
|Partner(s)||Matt Prokop (2009–present)|
Hyland has been acting since she was five years old, with her first role as Howard Stern's daughter in Private Parts. She went on in her career to portray such roles as Molly in the 1999 remake of Annie, and has played Brooke Shields' daughter, Maddie Healy, in Lipstick Jungle on NBC. Hyland is featured in an Olive Garden commercial along with actress Molly Culver, and has also appeared on Broadway playing the young Jackie O in Grey Gardens the musical.
Hyland currently plays Haley Dunphy on the ABC sitcom Modern Family, for which she has won a Screen Actors Guild Award for Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Comedy Series, along with the rest of the show's cast.
In May 2012, Hyland revealed that she has had a lifetime battle with kidney dysplasia. She had been living with it since she was a young child, but her father found out that he was a kidney match, and donated one of his to her in April.
|1997||A Tall Winter's Tale||Elizabeth|
|Private Parts||Howard's Daughter|
|1998||The Object of My Affection||Molly|
|Advice from a Caterpillar||Lizbeth|
|1999||Cradle Will Rock||Silvano – Giovanna|
|2000||Joe Gould's Secret||Elizabeth Mitchell|
|2002||The Empath||Young Christine|
|2007||Blind Date||Child||Voice only|
|2010||The Science of Cool||Unknown|
|2012||Struck by Lightning||Claire Mathews|
|2013||Scary Movie 5||Mia||Character from Evil Dead|
|2014||Vampire Academy: Blood Sisters||Natalie Dashkov||Filming|
|1998||Trinity||Shy Girl||Episode: "No Secrets"|
|1998||The Audrey Hepburn Story||Audrey Hepburn (at 8 years old)||Movie|
|2000||Falcone||Jessica Pistone Egan|
|2001||Law & Order: Special Victims Unit||Lily Ramsey||Episode: "Repression"|
|2002||Touched by an Angel||Grace||Episode: "A Feather on the Breath of God"|
|2005||Law & Order: Trial by Jury||Brianne Colby||Episode: "Vigilante"|
|2008–09||Lipstick Jungle||Maddie Healy||Recurring role|
|2009||Law & Order: Special Victims Unit||Jennifer Banks||Episode: "Hothouse"|
|Modern Family||Haley Dunphy||Nominated – Critics' Choice Television Award for Best Comedy Supporting Actress (2013)|
|2011||Childrens Hospital||Famous Person||Episode: "Nip/Tug"|
|2011||Geek Charming||Dylan Shoenfield||Disney Channel original movie; lead role|
|Randy Cunningham: 9th Grade Ninja||Theresa Fowler (voice)||"So U Think U Can Stank", "Night of the Living McFizzles",
"Der Monster Klub"
|2013||Call Me Crazy: A Five Film||Grace||A Lifetime original movie|
|2013||Bonnie and Clyde: Dead and Alive||Blanche Barrow||Miniseries|
- "Sarah Hyland Biography (1990–)". Filmreference.com. Retrieved 2011-02-18.
- "SARAH HYLAND: Haley Dunphy on ABC's "Modern Family". ABC Studio.
- "It's Evening in America". Vanity Fair. May 2012. Page 159.
- "Sarah Hyland Theatre Credits". Broadwayworld.com. Retrieved 2011-02-18.
- Dish Of Salt: Sarah Hyland Gets ‘Struck By Lightning’. Access Hollywood (2012-03-26). Retrieved on 2012-04-03.
- "Sarah Hyland Style Savvy".
- "Sarah Hyland & Matt Prokop Gush About Living Together!". Hollywoodlife.com. Retrieved 2012-01-05.
- "Sarah Hyland Reveals She Had a Kidney Transplant". People. 2012-05-14. Retrieved 2012-05-14.
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=79jrbyZgRhw "ABCNews" Youtube
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Sarah Hyland.|
- Sarah Hyland at the Internet Movie Database
- Sarah Hyland at the Internet Broadway Database
- Sarah Hyland on Twitter