Sarah Manguso is an American writer and poet born in Massachusetts in 1974. In 2007, she was awarded the Joseph Brodsky Rome Prize Fellowship in literature by the American Academy of Arts and Letters. Her memoir The Two Kinds of Decay (2008), was reviewed by the New York Times Sunday Book Review and named a 2008 "Best Nonfiction Book of the Year" by the San Francisco Chronicle.
She received her B.A. from Harvard University and her M.F.A. from the Iowa Writers' Workshop. She has taught creative writing at the Pratt Institute and in the graduate program at The New School, and currently teaches at the Otis College of Art and Design. She lives in Los Angeles. 
Her poems and prose have appeared in The American Poetry Review, The Believer, Boston Review, The London Review of Books, McSweeney’s, The New Republic, and The Paris Review, and twice in the Best American Poetry series. She was the Hodder Fellow in Poetry at Princeton in 2003–2004, and has been awarded fellowships at the Bread Loaf Writers' Conference, Yaddo, and the MacDowell Colony, and a Pushcart Prize.
Awards and honors
- 2012: Salon What To Read Awards, The Guardians
- 2012: Guggenheim Fellowship
- 2011: Wellcome Trust Book Prize, shortlist, The Two Kinds of Decay
- Ongoingness: The End of a Diary (2015)
- The Guardians: An Elegy (2012)
- The Two Kinds of Decay (Farrar, Straus & Giroux, 2008)
- Hard to Admit and Harder to Escape (McSweeney's Books, 2007)
- Komm her o Klarheit. Ausgewählte Gedichte. German/English (luxbooks, Wiesbaden, 2009)
- Zwei Arten von Verfall (luxbooks, Wiesbaden, 2010)
- From the Fishouse: Poets: Sarah Manguso Bio
- The New York Times Sunday Book Review > Sick Days, by Emily Mitchell > 06/22/08
- San Francisco Chronicle > 50 Best Nonfiction Books of 2008 > 12/21/08
- The New School > Creative Writing > Summer Writers Colony > Courses
- Princeton University > Arts Lewis Center > The Hodder Fellowship: Fellows
- Yaddo Writers, June 1926 – December 2008
- David Daley (December 23, 2012). "The What To Read Awards: Top 10 Books of 2012". Salon. Retrieved December 24, 2012.
- Joanna Bourke (10 October 2011). "2011 Wellcome Trust Book Prize shortlist". The Lancet. Retrieved September 30, 2012.
- Psychjourney Podcast > Audio: Deborah Harper, President of Psychjourney, Interviews Sarah Manguso, Author of The Two Kinds of Decay: A Memoir
- The New York Times on Two Kinds of Decay
- Alice James Books > Author Page > Sarah Manguso
- Author's Official Website
- Alice James Books Website > Sarah Manguso's Author Page
- The Writer's Almanac with Garrison Keillor > What We Miss by Sarah Manguso
- Audio Interview: WNYC Radio > The Leonard Lopate Show: Surviving a Major Illness > 09/05/08
- The Iowa Review > Sarah Manguso: WHERE IS THAT BOY? A Review of Blizzard of One by Mark Strand