|Born||Sarah Emily Ramos
May 21, 1991
Los Angeles, California, US
Ramos was born in Los Angeles, California. Her father has Hispanic ancestry and her mother is Jewish. She also has Filipino heritage. She became very interested in acting at a young age. Ramos began developing her acting abilities at the age of 9, entering into formal training at Center Stage L.A. "According to her mother, 11-year-old Sarah Ramos would go to bed each night pleading to get an agent — then wake up each morning asking about the status of her parents' talent agent search." As of September 2013, she is attending Columbia University.
Ramos began her acting career at a very young age and starred in various television commercials, but gained much attention as Patty Pryor in critically acclaimed NBC drama American Dreams. This role garnered her acting accolades, including winning the Women’s Image Network Award (WIN) for Best Actress in a TV Drama in 2003 and various nominations by the Young Artist Awards. Variety commented: "Patty is an out-and-out brat, and Ramos does it right."
In April 2006, she landed the role of Hannah Rader on the CW series Runaway. However, the show was canceled after one season. Ramos's other television credits include guest-starring roles in Scrubs, Close to Home, Ghost Whisperer, Law & Order, Wizards of Waverly Place, Without a Trace and Lie to Me.
In 2009, she was cast as Haddie Braverman in the NBC series Parenthood. Parenthood's fourth season premiered in September 2012; however, Ramos will no longer be a regular but will have a guest-starring role instead as her character is going to college. Entertainment Weekly wrote that her performance was "one of the most underrated, sustained performances on TV recently, calling upon her to express an array of moods and emotions that went well beyond the usual prime-time network-drama teen role."
In 2011, she also co-wrote and co-directed a short film, The Arm, that won a Special Jury Prize for Comedic Storytelling at the Sundance Film Festival in 2012. She also directed a music video starring most of her Parenthood co-stars to the cover of Girl on TV  sung by Landon Pigg  and a short Marry Me  for the Ally Coalition.
Ramos had a very small cameo in the film The Perks of Being a Wallflower, as pointed out on the film's DVD commentary by the director Stephen Chbosky and her Parenthood co-star, Mae Whitman.
|2001||In Vein||Elizabeth, age 6||Short film|
|2007||Walking Out on Love||Jackie||Short film|
|2012||Why Stop Now||Chloe|
|2002-2005||American Dreams||Patty Pryor||Main role (61 episodes)|
|2005||Scrubs||Lindsay||Episode: "My Big Move"|
|2006||Close to Home||Kirsten Sullivan||Episode: "Dead or Alive"|
|2006-2008||Runaway||Hannah||Main role (10 episodes)|
|2007||Law & Order||Mary Reese||Episode: "Good Faith"|
|2008||Wizards of Waverly Place||Isabella||Episode: "Beware Wolf"|
|2008||Without a Trace||Darby Wechsler||Episode: "True/False"|
|2009||Lie to Me||Riley Berenson||Episode: "A Perfect Score"|
|2009||Ghost Whisperer||Courtney||Episode: "Greek Tragedy"|
|2010-present||Parenthood||Haddie Braverman||Regular (Seasons 1-3); Recurring (Seasons 4-present) 50+ Episodes|
|2011||Family Guy||Teenage Girl (voice)||Episode: "Brothers & Sisters"|
|2012||Robot Chicken||Sunni Gummi / Woman (voice)||Episode: "In Bed Surrounded by Loved Ones"|
|2013||Private Practice||Holly||Episode: "In Which We Say Goodbye"|
Awards and nominations
|2003||Women's Image Network||Best actress in a Drama Series||American Dreams||Won|
|2003||Young Artist Award||Best Ensemble in a TV Series||American Dreams||Nominated|
|2004||Young Artist Award||Best Performance in a TV Series - Young Actress Age Ten or Younger||American Dreams||Nominated|
|2005||Young Artist Award||Best Performance in a TV Series - Supporting Young Actress||American Dreams||Nominated|
|2011||ALMA Award||Favorite TV Actress – Supporting Role||Parenthood||Nominated|
|2012||ALMA Award||Favorite TV Actress – Supporting Role||Parenthood||Nominated|
- "THR's 35 Hottest Young Latinos in Entertainment - Sarah Ramos". The Hollywood Reporter. September 20, 2012. Retrieved December 18, 2013.
- "Teen Voices Online". Big American Dreams for This Little Sister. Retrieved May 4, 2006.
- American Dreams at Mr Video Productions
- Hines, Ree (September 26, 2013). "Peter Krause: If you don't watch 'Parenthood,' you're doomed". NBC News. Retrieved September 26, 2013. Peter Krause mentions it in the video
- "24th Annual Young Artist Awards". Young Artist Awards. Retrieved August 5, 2011.
- "25th Annual Young Artist Awards". Young Artist Awards. Retrieved August 5, 2011.
- "26th Annual Young Artist Awards". Young Artist Awards. Retrieved August 5, 2011.
- Gallo, Phil (September 22, 2002). "Variety Reviews - American Dreams". Variety. Retrieved September 20, 2012.
- MacKenzie, Carina Adly (July 10, 2012). "'Parenthood': Sarah Ramos reduced to guest-starring role as Haddie heads to college". Zap2it. Retrieved September 20, 2012.
- Tucker, Ken (September 11, 2012). "'Parenthood' premiere review: Tears, lizards, God, and Ray Romano". Entertainment Weekly. Retrieved September 20, 2012.
- Kit, Borys (May 13, 2011). "Sarah Ramos Joins the Cast of Indie ‘Predisposed’ (Exclusive)". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved August 3, 2011.
- http://filmguide.sundance.org/film/120179/the_arm, http://www.movieweb.com/news/2012-sundance-film-festival-awards-winners
- Etkin, Jaimie (February 23, 2012). "'Parenthood' Cast Makes An Adorable Music Video". Huffington Post.
- Brittany, Talarico (July 28, 2011). "Selena Gomez Ties Christina Aguilera for Most Alma Award Noms". OK! Magazine. Retrieved August 5, 2011.
- Gratereaux, Alexandra (July 10, 2012). "2012 NCLR/ ALMA Awards Nominees Include Jennifer Lopez, Pitbull & Selena Gomez". Fox News Latino. Retrieved August 7, 2013.