Sārasvatī Suṣamā Sanskrit: सारस्वती सुषमा (Quarterly Sanskrit Research Journal) established in 1942 and published quarterly, the Sārasvati Susamā has long been considered the premier journal of Sanskrit .
Sārasvati Susamā was initially published from Government Sanskrit College, Benares in 1942. The editors were:
- Dr. Mangal Dev Shastri
- Tribhuvan Prasad Upadhyay
- Kubernath Shukla
During 1958, this college merged into Sampurnanand Sanskrit University. Thereafter this journal was published by the Director, Research Institute, Sampurnanand Sanskrit University, Varanasi, India.
From 1957 editors of the journal are
|S.No.||Name of Editor||Period||No. of Years|
|1.||Kshetresa Chandra Chattopadhyaya||1957-1965||8|
|4.||Dr. B.P.T. Vagish Shastri||1970-1996||26|
|5.||Dr. Adya Prasad Mishra||1996-1997||1|
|6.||Dr. Shrikant Pandey||1997-1998||1|
|7.||Dr. Rahas Bihari Dwivedi||1999-2000||1|
|8.||Dr. Rajaram Shukla||2001 onwards till date||6|
Nature of Publication
Sārasvati Susamā publishes articles on the following topics.
- Research articles on oriental learnings.
- Research articles on Pali, Prakrit, Apabhramsa and Culture.
- Unpublished small manuscripts edited by scholars.
- Criticism of the books.
- Continuation work on Purana Index.
- Other treaties.
- George Cardona, PANINI, A survey of research, Mouton & Co., B.V. Publisher, The Hauge, 1976.
- R.N. Dandekar, VEDIC BIBLIOGRAPHY Vol.I, Vol. II, Vol. III, Bhandarkar Oriental Research Institute, Poona. Government Oriental Series, 1973.
- Baldeva Upadhyay, Kashi ki Panditya Parampara, Vishwavidyalaya Prakashan, Varanasi, 1983.