Saratoga County Airport
|Saratoga County Airport|
|IATA: none – ICAO: none – FAA LID: 5B2|
|Serves||Saratoga Springs, New York|
|Elevation AMSL||433 ft / 132 m|
Saratoga County Airport (FAA LID: 5B2) is a county owned, public use airport located three nautical miles (6 km) southwest of the central business district of Saratoga Springs, a city in Saratoga County, New York, United States. It is included in the National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems for 2011–2015, which categorized it as a general aviation facility.
Facilities and aircraft
Saratoga County Airport covers an area of 300 acres (121 ha) at an elevation of 433 feet (132 m) above mean sea level. It has two runways with asphalt and concrete surfaces: 5/23 is 4,699 by 100 feet (1,432 x 30 m); 14/32 is 4,000 by 100 feet (1,219 x 30 m). Jet aircraft use runways 5 or 23.
For the 12-month period ending August 29, 2008, the airport had 38,550 aircraft operations, an average of 105 per day: 96% general aviation, 4% air taxi, and <1% military. At that time there were 62 aircraft based at this airport: 63% single-engine, 26% glider, 8% multi-engine, 2% jet, and 2% helicopter.
- SCH – Schenectady County Airport (12 nm S)
- ALB – Albany International Airport (18 nm S)
- GFL – Floyd Bennett Memorial Airport (21 nm NE)
- NY0 – Fulton County Airport (21 nm W)
- DDH – William H. Morse State Airport (29 nm E)
Other nearby facilities:
- W57 – Round Lake Airport and Seaplane Base (8.3 nm SE)
- K27 – Burrello-Mechanicville Airport (12.7 nm SE)
- FAA Airport Master Record for 5B2 ( PDF). Federal Aviation Administration. Effective November 15, 2012.
- "2011–2015 NPIAS Report, Appendix A" (PDF, 2.03 MB). National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems. Federal Aviation Administration. October 4, 2010.
- "5B2 – Saratoga County Airport". AirNav.com. Retrieved June 17, 2013.
- PDF at New York State DOT Airport Directory
- Aerial image as of April 1995 from USGS The National Map
- FAA Terminal Procedures for 5B2, effective May 28, 2015
- Resources for this airport: