|Yang Berhomat Datuk
|Member of the Malaysian Parliament
for Tapah, Perak
|Preceded by||Veerasingam Suppiah MIC–BN|
|Political party||MIC–Barisan Nasional|
|Occupation||Member of Parliament|
Datuk Saravanan s/o. Murugan, commonly referred to as M. Saravanan, is the member of the Parliament of Malaysia for the Tapah constituency in Perak. He is a member of the Malaysian Indian Congress (MIC) and is the Deputy Minister of Youth and Sports in the Barisan Nasional coalition government of Datuk Seri Najib Tun Razak.
Before being elected to the Dewan Rakyat (the lower house of Malaysia's Parliament), Saravanan was a Senator. In the 2008, he contested the seat of Tapah and won, defeating a People's Justice Party candidate. The MIC suffered widespread losses at the election, leaving Saravanan as one of only three MIC members in the Dewan Rakyat. Despite his party's reduced presence in Parliament and the ruling Barisan Nasional coalition, Saravanan was appointed as a Deputy Minister.
|2008||M. Saravanan (MIC)||14,084||53%||Tan Seng Toh (PKR)||11,064||41%|
|2013||M. Saravanan (MIC)||K. Vasantha Kumar (PKR)||Shaharuzzaman Bistamam (BERJASA)
Ridzuan Bani (Ind)
- "Court Allows Saravanan To Strike Out Former Business Partner's Application". Bernama. 13 April 2010. Retrieved 16 June 2010.
- "M. Saravanan, Y.B. Datuk" (in Malay). Parliament of Malaysia. Retrieved 16 June 2010.
- "All made it – except for one". The Star (Malaysia). 11 May 2003. Retrieved 6 January 2010.
- Retna, S. (9 March 2008). "End For Samy Vellu's Legacy After Historic Loss At Sg Siput". Bernama. Retrieved 6 January 2010.
- "4 ethnic Indians in new Malaysian cabinet". PTI. 18 March 2008. Retrieved 6 January 2010.
- "Vote For The President's Men, Says Samy Vellu". Bernama. 10 September 2009. Retrieved 6 January 2010.
- Retna, S. (27 December 2008). "Saravanan Slams Karpal, Defends Samy Vellu". Bernama. Retrieved 6 January 2010.
- "Malaysia Decides 2008". The Star (Malaysia). Retrieved 6 January 2010..
|This article about a Malaysian politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|