Sarenga, Bankura (community development block)
|Sarenga (CD Block)
সারেঙ্গা সমষ্টি উন্নয়ন ব্লক
|Community development block|
|• Total||228.07 km2 (88.06 sq mi)|
|• Density||470/km2 (1,200/sq mi)|
|• Official||Bengali, English|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
|Lok Sabha constituency||Bankura|
|Vidhan Sabha constituency||Raipur|
Sarenga (community development block) is an administrative division in Khatra subdivision of Bankura district in the Indian state of West Bengal. Sarenga police station serves this block. Headquarters of this block is at Sarenga.
Sarenga is located at.
As per 2011 census, Sarenga block had a total population of 1,6,774 out of which 54,147 were males and 52,625 were females and 2 were others. Sarenga block registered a negative population growth of -11.88 per cent during the 1991-2001 decade. Decadal growth for the district was 13.79 per cent. Decadal growth in West Bengal was 17.84 per cent.
Sarenga block had a total scheduled caste population of 27,907 and a scheduled tribe population of 18,960. For more details about Sarenga Block please visit the official webpage of Sarenga Development Block bankurasarengablock.org
- "Contact details of Block Development Officers". Bankura district. West Bengal Government. Retrieved 2011-04-01.
- "Provisional population totals, West Bengal, Table 4, Bankura District". Census of India 2001. Census Commission of India. Retrieved 2011-04-01.
- "BRGF Allotment Order No. 16" (PDF). Bankura district. Government of West Bengal - Department of Panchayats & Rural Development. Retrieved 2011-04-01.
- "Provisional Population Totals, West Bengal. Table 4". Census of India 2001. Census Commission of India. Retrieved 2011-03-20.
- "TRU for all Districts (SC & ST and Total)". Census 2001. Census Commission of India. Retrieved 2009-07-12.
- http://bankurasarengablock.org. Missing or empty